By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Think I'm taking a year off buying games..

i will buy as much as last year i think, but i might wait for some to drop in price though.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
qmoney88 said:
Slimebeast said:
qmoney88 said:
Slimebeast said:
Metallicube said:

Anyone else gonna stop buying games or at least tone down the purchases for awhlie for whatever reason, either because of a lackluster year of gaming/lack of funds, or both?

Wow, you're talking about possibly the strongest year in the history of gaming.

Zelda Sword
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim
Portal 2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Batman Arkam City
Dark Souls
Rage
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed 3
LA Noire
Killzone 3
Dragon Age 2
Forza 4
The Cursed Crusade
The Witcher 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Deus Ex 3
Total War Shogun 2
Infamous 2
Guild Wars 2
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Twisted Metal
Tob Raider
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
and possibly The Last Guardian

(I'm glad Skyrim is high on your priority list though )

that is the most ridiculous list of games ive ever seen, all supposed to be releasing this year although im sure some things will change.  Holiday 2011 is going to be more jam packed than ever before as well, my goodness this is crazy!  What I try to do is keep it to one new release per month, although even thats a little bit difficult.  On this list alone are about 17 day one purchases for me, which seems way too high but thats speaking to the quality of releases this year.  I have been trying to evaluate my purchases much more than before, making sure I dont drop 65 bucks on a game just to get rid of it a month later.  I did this with ac brotherhood and black ops, both series are getting stale for me and I cant justify purchasing either one this year.  With so many new games coming out, I really have to try and weed out the best of the best so I dont make the same mistake I do every year and end up with a few untouched, unopened games that i purchased 2 months ago because I have enough on my plate already.  Moderation man, moderation.

Which are the 17 day one?

Lets see, ill just list every game im buying day one:

Zelda SS, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Skryim, Portal 2, Dragon age 2, Killzone 3, Yakuza 4, Disagaea 4, Resistance 3, Gears of War 3, Infamous 2, Guild wars 2, Battlefield 3, LA Noire, Dark Souls, Batman Arkham city and if they come out this year The Last Guardian and Twisted Metal

Games im not sure about:

Deus Ex 3, The Witcher 2, Rage, Duke Nukem Forever, Mortal Kombat, Crysis 2, Tomb Raider and im sure theres more I just cant think of em right now

I didnt even include downloadable games that I will most likely be getting, and so far this year Ive purchased dead space 2 and mass effect 2 amongst a few older games that i wanted to catch up on.  The good thing is i just got a promotion and raise so ill definitely be able to afford all of these, and here i was preaching moderation lol, its just too damn difficult with all of these great games coming out.                                                                                                                                                                                             

I was gonna say that you have very good taste in games until you added FF Verses.

No but really, you listed sooo many great games.

Ha I dont know what it was about ffxiii but man I loved that game despite all of its shortcomings.  I was one of those ones that was extremely upset by the lack of towns and linear progression through the first 15 hours, but to be honest when I popped it into my ps3 I didnt even notice these omissions, Im just hoping that they add a bit more variety and towns for the sequel and open world traveling via some type of transportation (airship most likely).  I guess I was able to overlook some of its issues because I love rpg's, best genre of games period.  And yeah, im still wondering how they are soo many great games coming out this year, great year to be a gamer!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

BoneArk said:

I took a year off from buying games. I bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl on day 1 (March 8, 2008) and then bought Madworld one year later(March 10, 2009).

Whoa that is a true year of not buying games.

go buy a ps3! really, what is this threat! ??

I'm slowing down Wii purchases drastically this year (Skyward Sword.... and that's probably it), but giving handhelds the royal treatment this year (Pokemon, Okamiden, and all the 3DS goodies I want, or at least can afford)

Around the Network

i wont take a year off buy i will only buy mass effect 3 and zelda this year...maybe the last story and pikmin 3 if they come this year also....but my brother has so many games and im sure he will send me whatever he is not playing anymore so fuck it

Slimebeast said:
Metallicube said:

Anyone else gonna stop buying games or at least tone down the purchases for awhlie for whatever reason, either because of a lackluster year of gaming/lack of funds, or both?

Wow, you're talking about possibly the strongest year in the history of gaming.

Zelda Sword
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim
Portal 2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Batman Arkam City
Dark Souls
Rage
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed 3
LA Noire
Killzone 3
Dragon Age 2
Forza 4
The Cursed Crusade
The Witcher 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Deus Ex 3
Total War Shogun 2
Infamous 2
Guild Wars 2
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Twisted Metal
Tob Raider
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
and possibly The Last Guardian

(I'm glad Skyrim is high on your priority list though )

Hmm, see most of those games just don't interest me in the slightest. Dragon Age II I might check out, but I can wait. I have the first one and even though I beat the main quest, there's still a lot left for me to do.