By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people hate on John Romero? O_o

Seeing the new RAGE trailer, i had a nostalgia for when John Carmack and John Romero used to work together so i went to see some videos of JR on youtube and noticed everyone hating on him in the comments? , why is that? could someone fill me in on what bad thing he did that he gets all this hate? , i know about Daikatana, but thats just one bad step, no one is perfect and this guy is a genius, plus most people hate on the game without playing it, but just because of that advert, so even if people PLAYED it and disliked that game, (i personally haven't played it to be honest) they shouldn't focus on the bad and forget all the good he did.

so what exactly the reason for all the hate?

Around the Network

Envy.

Rafux said:

Envy.

Probably ? , but why so much? =s

I think it comes from Daikatana, and the stupid ad campaign that was run in his name (without his input or approval). 

From what I hear he was kind of a douche and completely full of himself.  This is coming from various things I've read and people that I know that actually knew him.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

From what I hear he was kind of a douche and completely full of himself.  This is coming from various things I've read and people that I know that actually knew him.

but he made great games! , so its justified , and from what i've seen , he doesn't really look like it.

To understand Romero and Carmack, read "Masters of Doom". Great book, had me glued.

Rafux said:

Envy.

Cut it out, John.

I'm more suprised anyone still cares? Typical console teenage gamer probably haven't even heard about him

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I don't want him to make me his bitch :(