By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up......... Wii........

pezus said:

Why does 360 keep increasing randomly in Americas?

Kinect, casual gamers.

Around the Network

DS is down b/c people are waiting for the 3DS.

Wii is down b/c nothing good is out right now.

Cant wait for MS Price Cut on 360. Sales will Explode this Xmas.

This might have been commented before, but with MC showing PSP sales over 100k, Wii will be in last place worldwide

Reach said:

Sales will explode for every console at christmas. They do every year, and a price cut ensures that.

Although the Wii is in trouble now, there's no denying that a simple game release (Zelda, for example) would light up the sales chart, and a price cut in October will completely annihalate the competition.

Nintendo may be behind this week, but they have the most cards left in their hands (price cut, colour changes, re-design etc.), so it's not all doom and gloom

That was a bit random actually. But, well, just a general point

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
trestres said:

Looks like my prediction of Wii hitting the 150k level this week was correct. I predicted it 3 weeks ago and no one thought it was gonna happen. Wii is dropping dangerously fast and there's no new SW at all coming up at least until E3.

yup well let's wait and see. They did announce a few titles in japan (just dance, goldeneye, kirby, rythm heaven, pandora... ). We still have Zelda this year and Pikmin is gonna be announced soon. Im hoping even bigger titles get announced in E3, that would be huge. I just feel Nntendo will do something about these sales and are working on many projects ATM. 

Pavolink said:

*See Wii #s*

Oh boy...

LOL!! The Wii outsells it's competition almost 2:1 during the holidays. Because just about everyone already owns a Wii and because it's aimed more for casuals, Spring and Summer months will have slow sales. Of course, during the holiday season Oct - Dec, when casual shoppers come out to play, the Wii anihilates it's competition. During this pass holiday both the Wii & 360 had a 1 million week. The Wii isn't going anywhere.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Conegamer said:
Reach said:

Sales will explode for every console at christmas. They do every year, and a price cut ensures that.

Although the Wii is in trouble now, there's no denying that a simple game release (Zelda, for example) would light up the sales chart, and a price cut in October will completely annihalate the competition.

Nintendo may be behind this week, but they have the most cards left in their hands (price cut, colour changes, re-design etc.), so it's not all doom and gloom

Wouldn't Sony have a decent few cards, what with their console haveing room for a few more price cuts?  And Uncharted 3 later in the year, could even be a 6 million seller.  And another redesign is not out of the question lol. 

Darth Tigris said:
psrock said:

I don't think the 360 is overtracked at all, it's very popular in America right now, and the only place where Kinect is having a huge impact. 

You know, considering most here are either 1) attacking Americans or 2) attacking the sites tracking, this was refreshing to see from someone that we KNOW isn't a 360 fan persay.  I have a newfound respect for you, sir.

OT: 

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
Electronic Arts
4 18,576 124,690

"Sadness. This game deserves better.  Disappointment.  Lifetime sales likely less than 500,000 ..."

IMO, psrock has been quite the fair poster for a while now. I remember a time when he acted more like a dick, no offense psrock.

So hopefully we can put all this testicular pie bullshit to bed for a week, this week. Kinect is a monster. The Ol'Lady was watching The Biggest Loser the other night and I saw a Kinect ad that had the gay guy from the show talking about the game and Kinect. It's not anything new but a simple little thing like that is potent to the sales IMO. I was thinking about all the casuals/non gamers that watch the show, get inspired to lose weight, see Kinect promoted, then go get it. Hey and ethomaz was right again last week about adjustments...only it wasn't in the direction he would like, lol. 

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

NYANKS said:
Conegamer said:
Reach said:

Wouldn't Sony have a decent few cards, what with their console haveing room for a few more price cuts?  And Uncharted 3 later in the year, could even be a 6 million seller.  And another redesign is not out of the question lol. 

Perhaps, but the PS3 has already got a new attachment, price cut, re-design(s), and extra colours, the 360 is similar, whereas Wii has yet to get a new attachment (that'd be Vitality Sensor), a re-design and has plenty of room for a new price cut

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.