By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Mirror's Edge 2 is cancelled

SON OF A BITCH! I want a sequel to this awesome game

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

too bad...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

This is a sad day for Gaming anther Game lostT_T The first Mirrors Edge was one of the few new IP that did not only dare to be a new IP in a world of sequels but dared to be brand new Genre defining Game at the same time I guess today's world just was not reedy for it like beyond Good and Evil before it maybe it will be appreciated as one of the hidden Gems of the Generation.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

EA never confirmed it was canned.

They also said that:

"Mirror's Edge is an IP that's close to my heart and EA's as well. It was a bold move from us. I'm proud we made it. It obviously didn't reach the commercial success we wanted, even though it wasn't bad at all," he said.

"I still think as a company we're going to talk about it when we're going to talk about it. What I can say is, we haven't buried it. We're absolutely continuing to support Mirror's Edge as an IP. When we're ready to talk about it, we'll talk about it."

There's still hope!!

Mirror's Edge 2 is my most requested sequel this gen so I'd be devastated if it was confirmed.

Linkasf said:

I understand why it didnt sell well. Word of mouth says that the game was really short.

and repetitive.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

Dammit. The original was great if a little flawed. Can't they pull a Tomb Raider and release a cheap downloadable title to at least gauge interest?

You mean change the camera work and make it like the more recent Laura Croft title they put out I believe last year?  Maybe switching camera angle would be a good way to do this.  A decent Parkour inspired title would likely go over well.

NotStan said:

FUUUUUUUU-

You bastards.  These are the guys that were not happy with the sales.

God damn it, first I have my sequel taken away from me, then my presumed reply! UGHHHHHHHHH!

Dammit! I wanted to see another Mirror's Edge game with improved combat and a longer campaign. According to VGChartz the original sold 1.10 million on XBox 360 and 0.95 million on PS3, those aren't bad sales at all.

Signature goes here!

Very sad the game was fun for what it was. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

:'(

2 million combined is not bad damn it...