By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Mirror's Edge 2 is cancelled

I was actually looking foward to a sequel....

Around the Network

awww maan 

Boutros said:

EA never confirmed it was canned.

They also said that:

"Mirror's Edge is an IP that's close to my heart and EA's as well. It was a bold move from us. I'm proud we made it. It obviously didn't reach the commercial success we wanted, even though it wasn't bad at all," he said.

"I still think as a company we're going to talk about it when we're going to talk about it. What I can say is, we haven't buried it. We're absolutely continuing to support Mirror's Edge as an IP. When we're ready to talk about it, we'll talk about it."

There's still hope!!

Mirror's Edge 2 is my most requested sequel this gen so I'd be devastated if it was confirmed.

Since everyone else is ignoring this, do you have a link for this?  I thought I remember reading those statements prior to this new news.

They should make the sequel a Kinect game.  I'm already thinking of some ways to handle controls (though simplified).  It would give it a unique enough take that would make more people interested, as Kinect needs more core gaming.  But, then again, reports of motion sickness would probably quadruple, lol.

Such a bad decision in my opinion i know so many people who are going to to be deeply upset by this. (PS if anyone from EA reads this I am deeply dissapointed with you guys, you are completely selfish!)

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Rainbird said:

Don't worry Mirror's Edge! I'll resurrect you when I become a famous game designer!

never! i shall be recruited by the makers of guild wars!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Not quite.  This game has definitely been cancelled.  What the quote you have says is that they might still try again later.  A fine distinction, but one that means at least a delay of two years.

Darth Tigris said:
Boutros said:

They also said that:

"Mirror's Edge is an IP that's close to my heart and EA's as well. It was a bold move from us. I'm proud we made it. It obviously didn't reach the commercial success we wanted, even though it wasn't bad at all," he said.

"I still think as a company we're going to talk about it when we're going to talk about it. What I can say is, we haven't buried it. We're absolutely continuing to support Mirror's Edge as an IP. When we're ready to talk about it, we'll talk about it."

There's still hope!!

Mirror's Edge 2 is my most requested sequel this gen so I'd be devastated if it was confirmed.

Since everyone else is ignoring this, do you have a link for this?  I thought I remember reading those statements prior to this new news.

They should make the sequel a Kinect game.  I'm already thinking of some ways to handle controls (though simplified).  It would give it a unique enough take that would make more people interested, as Kinect needs more core gaming.  But, then again, reports of motion sickness would probably quadruple, lol.

You don't trust me?!

:P

Here it is:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-14-report-ea-rejects-mirrors-edge-2-pitch

TruckOSaurus said:

Dammit! I wanted to see another Mirror's Edge game with improved combat and a longer campaign. According to VGChartz the original sold 1.10 million on XBox 360 and 0.95 million on PS3, those aren't bad sales at all.

They are when a ton of the copies were sold for about $10.  You could get it for $20 just two weeks after release.  I think a sequel could have done better, but I don't know how much DICE were spending on it.

god damn it!!!! I liked the original, all they had to do was fix the flaws it would have been great. now where probably going to get some other FPSs cause lord knows we dont have enough of those

Darth Tigris said:
Boutros said:

They also said that:

There's still hope!!

How would you move your character effectively in a 3D space?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000