By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i will express my opinion after the adjustment.

looks like adjustment was made on Jan 22nd week, so it's coming along

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

These WW sales threads are becoming total rubbish.  Tons of arguing over the minute differences in numbers.  I can't wait till we have a clear cut winner for some weeks that way we don't have to deal with all this bickering.

HD consoles looking good and solid numbers, though the Wii is in desperate need of something big, I fear that when 3DS releases it will drop the Wii's numbers even further.

Wouldn't 3DS harm other systems sales too?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Lostplanet22 said:

This is week three where the numbers are that close...

Second... the other received ajustments and not so close anymore.

darthdevidem01 said:
NYANKS said:
darthdevidem01 said:
NYANKS said:
Carl2291 said:
tombi123 said:

The truth will be moderated? wtf.

It would be fine if it wasn't just used to wind people up.

That, and we can't truely say it is a statistical tie without knowing for sure of VGChartz rate of accuracy. Which we don't.

Winning is winning. 

The saying became more prevalent because bigger names in the site started using it more.  Now everyone keeps saying this crap.  However, it's hard to take someone praising a "win" seriously when it's just as likely to be true as untrue.  I guess it's just too much to ask for people to take the numbers as they are, and stop this "winning" and "tie" nonsense.  At this range they both are stupid.

Yeah thats all I want. The worst is when someone says, "I'll wait for adjustments before accepting my fav console did worse than the other one"...and I have seen a person say this in the last few WW sales up threads.

They might not be so sore about it if the fans of the "winning" console weren't exaggerating the amazingness of a 5k advantage so much lol.  I mean, won't you feel dumb when a few days or weeks or months from now all your assumptions weren't even true lol?

It's a balancing act, because you can't expect people not to be happy.  But they have to realize when they're going into douche territory. 

Nope because the data at the time proved my assumptions to be true. The data provider is to blame not me. And a few months later I wouldn't even care about some sales from weeeeeeks ago.

I guess, I just thought people might want to consider what they're cheering before they get too assholic about it.  Obviously if you're just like "Yay, go PS3 or 360", who cares.  But if you're like "Suck on that, haters, you stupid fanboys", or maybe more subtle ribbing over such small wins, I mean come on.

But the nature of forums is this stuff won't ever end, so why even think about it lol.

Immortal said:

Wii HW is depressing. Vitality Sensor, we need you.

SW is amazing, though.

lol what?

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Immortal said:

SW is amazing, though.

lol what?

He is correct, that is one thing that can really help Wii like the balance board did.

@Nyanks

I guess.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ethomaz said:

More little adjustments and PS3 outsold 360 Week Ending 22nd Jan 2011.

Previous numbers:

Console
Wii 221,679
DS 217,475
X360 213,032
PS3 211,750
PSP 119,811
PS2 53,722
Total1,037,469

New numbers:

Console Weekly (change) Total
Wii 219,715 (-13%) 84,510,791
DS 218,096 (-15%) 144,836,640
PS3 214,109 (-5%) 47,130,294
X360 203,792 ( 1%) 51,040,668
PSP 120,594 (-7%) 65,805,304
PS2 53,675 (-12%) 141,821,301
Total 1,029,981(-9%)  

Statistical tie? Every statistical tie was becaming PS3 victory after all.

lol sometimes I wonder why I even discuss a weeks numbers...better to just wait till next week for it cuz it changes and ruins pages of arguments/discussions

anywho GREAT legs for GT5!!!!!

Grats Demon's Souls!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nintendogamer said:
BenVTrigger said:

These WW sales threads are becoming total rubbish.  Tons of arguing over the minute differences in numbers.  I can't wait till we have a clear cut winner for some weeks that way we don't have to deal with all this bickering.

HD consoles looking good and solid numbers, though the Wii is in desperate need of something big, I fear that when 3DS releases it will drop the Wii's numbers even further.

Wouldn't 3DS harm other systems sales too?

Probably yes, though it'll affect the Wii more than the HD systems for multiple reasons.

1.  Its another Nintendo system so will be soaking up the spotlight in both advertising and word of mouth from the Wii.  Nintendo is going to be pushign the 3DS much harder than they will be pushing the Wii due to it being the new hotness.  Marketing will appeal to consumers and draw attention more to the 3DS than the Wii.

2.  Its still gonna have many Nintendo first party games and can compete with the Wii from a graphics point of view all the while being portable and bringing something completly new to the table (3D without graphics.)

3.  There's only so much money to go around and some one who was interested in buying one of the HD twins will potentially be less swayed to buy 3DS over the HD console than someone interested in Wii would be due to reasons I listed above.

darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:
Immortal said:

SW is amazing, though.

lol what?

He is correct, that is one thing that can really help Wii like the balance board did.

@Nyanks

I guess.

Please kill me.

Adjustments

360 down 30k

PS3 down 569

Wii down 509

DS down 562

PSP down 1k

Looks like there was a bit of number shuffling since the changes to some weeks are greater than the actual adjustments.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4