By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two thinks GTA on Wii is laughable

NeoRatt said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NeoRatt said:
HappySqurriel said:
NeoRatt said:
HappySqurriel said:

Take Two is one of the companies that is most at risk of going bankrupt due to the success of the Wii because they fail to take advantage of it ... At the same time, Take Two would be one of the companies most at risk of going bankrupt if the XBox 360 or PS3 were as successful ...

Exclude first party stuff from the attach rate and the Wii is aweful.

Even if your royalty numbers were right, it is still cheaper to develop on 360 and you can sell your game for more money.

Cheaper? Bullshit. I agree that the 360 has the best attach rate, but those games do NOT cost less to develop. High end Wii games are estimated at less than half of what they would be on the 360. Developers are not disputing that.

Touchy... They cost more to develop because they are more complex and much more detailed and realistic.

So you admit your cheaper comment is false, but still have to try to justify it. The fact is that those game don't sell or flop on their graphics, so this does not prove it's not worth developing on the Wii.

Nothing on the Wii compares to Gears, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, BioShock, etc... I have a Wii and the games are great, but they don't have near the polish in realism. Of course they cost half. Cause they look half as good... NFS Prostreet is a joke on Wii compared to 360... I have both and there is no comparison. 360 wins hands down.

I would like to see comparisons with costs on the multi-platform movie games like Rayman Rabbids, Shrek, etc...

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
famousringo said:
NeoRatt said:
famousringo said:
NeoRatt said:
HappySqurriel said:

Take Two is one of the companies that is most at risk of going bankrupt due to the success of the Wii because they fail to take advantage of it ... At the same time, Take Two would be one of the companies most at risk of going bankrupt if the XBox 360 or PS3 were as successful ...

By the way... How many 3rd parties are raking in the money from the Wii? And how's that Wii attach rate? What real incentive is there for a 3rd party to go Wii? Especially for a game that is the ultimate gamer's franchise? Not to mention Wii has the highest royalties and you have to sell your game $10 cheaper to sell it...

My point flew straight over your head, didn't it? Third parties aren't getting any returns on Wii because they aren't investing in Wii. Sometimes they get lucky with a casual title or a good port, but they can't really be deemed to be failing if they're barely even trying in the first place.

They aren't investing because they know that a title on the Wii cannot hold a candle to a similar title on 360 or PS3... Wii is the modestly above "LastGen" processing machine with a really cool and fun motion controller...  Don't get me wrong.  I love my Wii...  But you're never going to see anything like Gears, Resistance, Halo, or Drake's Fortune on it...  Why do you think Take Two was laughing at GTA on the Wii?  Because it is not possible to do it at the level GTA IV is.

I have MP3 and Mario Galaxy...  Sorry, they are nothing compared to Halo 3, Resistance, Gears, or Drake's Fortune.  They are great games, but the realism and immersiveness of the environments don't compare.

Ignore neoratt. He's still under the delusion that graphics and processing sells games, not talent, gameplay, and good design, the latter three being perfectly doable on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

NeoRatt said:
famousringo said:
NeoRatt said:
famousringo said:
NeoRatt said:
HappySqurriel said:

By the way... How many 3rd parties are raking in the money from the Wii? And how's that Wii attach rate? What real incentive is there for a 3rd party to go Wii? Especially for a game that is the ultimate gamer's franchise? Not to mention Wii has the highest royalties and you have to sell your game $10 cheaper to sell it...

My point flew straight over your head, didn't it? Third parties aren't getting any returns on Wii because they aren't investing in Wii. Sometimes they get lucky with a casual title or a good port, but they can't really be deemed to be failing if they're barely even trying in the first place.

They aren't investing because they know that a title on the Wii cannot hold a candle to a similar title on 360 or PS3... Wii is the modestly above "LastGen" processing machine with a really cool and fun motion controller... Don't get me wrong. I love my Wii... But you're never going to see anything like Gears, Resistance, Halo, or Drake's Fortune on it... Why do you think Take Two was laughing at GTA on the Wii? Because it is not possible to do it at the level GTA IV is.

I have MP3 and Mario Galaxy... Sorry, they are nothing compared to Halo 3, Resistance, Gears, or Drake's Fortune. They are great games, but the realism and immersiveness of the environments don't compare.

Okay, this is just trolling at this point, Neoratt.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

GTA on the Wii would be a joke. It would take no control of the Motion and would look just as crappy as the previous GTA's. I think it is in the best intrest of you Wii fans that the series stays clear of your system. After the way Manhunt 2 went I don't see anything from Take-Two on the Wii for the rest of this gen. In fact I don't see anything but PS3 games from them after GTA4. TT is to good of a dev to be wasteing their time on low end systems. They need to know that their is a hard drive in evey console to take true advatage of this gen.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Bark said:
Thanks for the info concerning Scarface. 

I haven't heard that announcement yet.  That is great news, but because it did so poorly on the Wii, I doubt they would port it for us. 

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6171098.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;13

Analyst: Godfather 2 on the way

Nollenberger Capital Partners analyst Todd Greenwald sent out a note to investors this morning recapping a recent visit he paid to the publisher's Redwood Shores location. While Greenwald said the highlight of the day was getting a look at the company's upcoming Simpsons game, he also mentioned that a sequel to The Godfather is in development, although there's no telling when it would see the light of day. According to Greenwald, EA is looking to capitalize on the open-world engine it created for the first Godfather game and is using it in no fewer than five of its franchises, including The Simpsons. EA representatives declined to comment on Greenwald's note. 

May not need a port of anything if there using the Godfather's engine in several different games. Hopefully one of them is a sandbox game for the Wii.

LordTheNightKnight said:

So you admit your cheaper comment is false, but still have to try to justify it. The fact is that those game don't sell or flop on their graphics, so this does not prove it's not worth developing on the Wii.

I was talking cheaper after completion meaning they make more money on each unit sold.  I was not thinking in terms of development costs because the systems have much different capabilities. 

I will (more then willingly) concede that the Wii has lowest upfront development costs...  It is a less complex and less capable platform so that is a given...  Just like PS3 is most expensive because it is the most complex platform, but also the most capable.  Surprise, 360, is 2nd in cost to develop and 2nd in capabilities.

That wasn't my point...  My point was after you develop your product the potential income per unit sold is higher on 360...

KBG29 said:
GTA on the Wii would be a joke. It would take no control of the Motion and would look just as crappy as the previous GTA's. I think it is in the best intrest of you Wii fans that the series stays clear of your system. After the way Manhunt 2 went I don't see anything from Take-Two on the Wii for the rest of this gen. In fact I don't see anything but PS3 games from them after GTA4. TT is to good of a dev to be wasteing their time on low end systems. They need to know that their is a hard drive in evey console to take true advatage of this gen.

Single console fanboy. You've just invalidated your entire argument, considering you seem to be ignoring how well Bioshock is doing on the 360. 

NeoRatt said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I was talking cheaper after completion meaning they make more money on each unit sold.

The term is "more profitable" Cheaper means it costs less to sell or make.

I was not thinking in terms of development costs because the systems have much different capabilities.

I will (more then willingly) concede that the Wii has lowest upfront development costs... It is a less complex and less capable platform so that is a given... Just like PS3 is most expensive because it is the most complex platform, but also the most capable. Surprise, 360, is 2nd in cost to develop and 2nd in capabilities.

That wasn't my point... My point was after you develop your product the potential income per unit sold is higher on 360...

Bodhesatva said:
NeoRatt said:

They aren't investing because they know that a title on the Wii cannot hold a candle to a similar title on 360 or PS3... Wii is the modestly above "LastGen" processing machine with a really cool and fun motion controller... Don't get me wrong. I love my Wii... But you're never going to see anything like Gears, Resistance, Halo, or Drake's Fortune on it... Why do you think Take Two was laughing at GTA on the Wii? Because it is not possible to do it at the level GTA IV is.

I have MP3 and Mario Galaxy... Sorry, they are nothing compared to Halo 3, Resistance, Gears, or Drake's Fortune. They are great games, but the realism and immersiveness of the environments don't compare.

Okay, this is just trolling at this point, Neoratt.

Sorry, if you think it is trolling but, to me they are facts.  I have all three systems... And I play all three (when PS3 gets games that are worth playing)...  I play the Wii to have fun and chill out...  I play the 360 and PS3 when I want an immersive experience.  I have NFS Prostreet on all 3...  PS3 and 360 are similar...  Wii, is graphically and sound wise inferior...  Try all three and I think you would agree.