By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can GTA 4 tip the balance of the PS3/Xbox 360 console war in favor of Xbox?

Griffin said:
MS made a system that was too weak this gen and games are suffering, Halo3 was a bust, the game sucked for the most part. Now its just time for MS to screw the PS3 owners over by forcing R* to make the game the same on each system.

/\ QFF as only a devoted Sony fanbot can say it ...

What I find laughable is - if a person is on the fence and can play the same game on both systems, spend much less on one system, get extra content on one system that the difference won't effect the bottom line. Yeah, it will.

The 360 will benefit the most from it. A small price cut will work wonders. Sony? They can keep cutting prices, but where in the DEVIL are they going to recoop their funds?

MS wanted the game delayed so it wouldn't steal Halo 3's thunder. MS was quoted as saying that ... and guess what? They got exactly what they wanted - the deck is cleared for GTA IV and a price cut to send 360 sales into orbit.

Sony can counter with another price cut, but all it will do is put them so far into the red you'd think they were in the HD DVD camp. 

Around the Network

The 360 already has several games in the genre, so I don't see GTA4 getting the same attach rate on the 360 as it will on the PS3, but even then, the much larger installed base of the 360 will ensure it sells more copies world-wide. I don't think it will really tip the scales in either direction, though, since I doubt the game will sell any more 360s than it does PS3s or vice versa, despite the feature differences.

lol at all the sony trolls here

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Griffin said:
MS made a system that was too weak this gen and games are suffering, Halo3 was a bust, the game sucked for the most part. Now its just time for MS to screw the PS3 owners over by forcing R* to make the game the same on each system.

Not trying to get drug into this argument because I just don't really care, but do have to say this: Halo 3 was not a bust.  The measure of how successful a game is by how much it sells, not how fun it is.  I'm not trying to say that developers don't try to make a game fun, that's false because a fun game sales more, but in the end only the money matters.  That's why you always see cheap movie games because publishers know they sell regardless of quality.

Anyways, Halo 3 has sold more than 6 million copies so to say it's a bust is just silly.

/off topic 

Coglestop said:
The 360 already has several games in the genre, so I don't see GTA4 getting the same attach rate on the 360 as it will on the PS3, but even then, the much larger installed base of the 360 will ensure it sells more copies world-wide. I don't think it will really tip the scales in either direction, though, since I doubt the game will sell any more 360s than it does PS3s or vice versa, despite the feature differences.

By that logic Halo 3 should have sold like crap.

Around the Network
halil23 said:
madskillz said:
Bladeneo said:
madskillz said:
Willem said:
"And I am a full-grown man, unlike you, who couldn't be more than 13 and has a PS3 because Moma (maybe Daddy) wanted to buy you one"

Ok, now please try to act like an "adult" ...

Wow ... I must have pinched a nerve or two. Did you write your parents a thank-you card for buying you a PS3?

He had a fair point, you talk about the other guy not having manners and you come out with this assumed sarcastic mockery.

*Yawn*

I wasn't the one who started name-calling and you defend both of these guys. Correct me if I am wrong, but how many adults tell other adults to act like adults? Where I come from, that usually gets a busted lip.

Thanks a lot for your advice, but I would just sit back and enjoy the view and MYOB. Mucho gracias.

Ummm, hello you the one started with the sony bashing, this wouldn't happen if you didn't jump in with your arrogant blatant. And please don't think you're right & cool with everything you try to say, cause really you're offically the worst retardation freak I've ever met. Hope I don't see you ever again. And to the guys who had an argument with that freak, just ignore him and he'll go away.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... ha ha ... first Haliburton, please learn basic grammar before you address me next time because I won't respond to this grammatical train wreck.

Second, I don't think I'm cool - and haven't cared about being cool since the late '70s.

Third, I don't think I'll ever see you - I have no plans to visit Lameville in the distance future.

Lastly, why in the devil are you resurrecting old threads, son? Please, don't respond to me until you hit at least 200 posts and find some intelligence.

What a tool ... 

twesterm said:
halil23 said:
madskillz said:
Bladeneo said:
madskillz said:
Willem said:
"And I am a full-grown man, unlike you, who couldn't be more than 13 and has a PS3 because Moma (maybe Daddy) wanted to buy you one"

Ok, now please try to act like an "adult" ...

Wow ... I must have pinched a nerve or two. Did you write your parents a thank-you card for buying you a PS3?

He had a fair point, you talk about the other guy not having manners and you come out with this assumed sarcastic mockery.

*Yawn*

I wasn't the one who started name-calling and you defend both of these guys. Correct me if I am wrong, but how many adults tell other adults to act like adults? Where I come from, that usually gets a busted lip.

Thanks a lot for your advice, but I would just sit back and enjoy the view and MYOB. Mucho gracias.

Ummm, hello you the one started with the sony bashing, this wouldn't happen if you didn't jump in with your arrogant blatant. And please don't think you're right & cool with everything you try to say, cause really you're offically the worst retardation freak I've ever met. Hope I don't see you ever again. And to the guys who had an argument with that freak, just ignore him and he'll go away.

Arrogant blatant what!? The suspense is killing me!

LOL! Me, too ... I have the strong feeling that I should look at Twestern's sig again and increase his view count +1!!!! 

Nope - I don't think GTA4 is going to tip the balance. Like COD4 and AC it'll sell well on both (probably more on 360 due to higher install base) but won't affect their relative position to each other.

Actually, the Warners news and potnential death of HD DVD vs BR is more likely to have a larger affect than GTA4.

madskillz said:
halil23 said:
Griffin said:

It so true and so sad, PS3 owner have to play low quality multiplatform because of *cough* crapbox *cough*.

TYLERxDURDEN, totally agreed except "the war will be over". Hello! there's that sweet wii too.

madskill, man you need to jump of the cliff NOW! So we don't have to bother seeing your stupid bashing Sony comment. And don't tell me you don't bash Sony cause you had a ps1/2. The reason you got ps1/2 because it so popular that almost every gamer has one, so you want to be part of that mainstream. Therefore you decide to buy one, even if you hate Sony. Your so sad and mentually retard.

You really piss me off and offically my worst RROD enemy. BTW hope yours get the RROD so you can be busy talking to Micro$oft hotline to fix your damn crapbox and therefore won't have time to go on vgchartz to bother us. THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN SWEET!!!

Ummm ... did your nana NOT teach you manners? Oh, I didn't initially have a strong distaste for Sony. It was just after getting shafted by them repeatedly - I can remember having to buy a $30 RF modulator JUST TO PLAY MY PS1 on a regular TV when the console should have had RCA outs - and let's not talk about the PS2 HDD ... yeah, remember that? It launched at a $100 price point and lost support like Pam Anderson in a 32 cup. And just when I was gonna think about Sony gonna do right, they orphaned the 20gb PS3 and the 60gb PS3 without giving them a real chance whatsoever.

I used to sing Sony's praises, but then I asked myself 'Why?' Why in the devil do I continue to give over my hard-earned for this? I am sending the message that it's ok for Sony to do whatever they want.' Their statement last year - we'll sell 5 million units without games in the first 6 months after launch was downright arrogant.

And I am a full-grown man, unlike you, who couldn't be more than 13 and has a PS3 because Moma (maybe Daddy) wanted to buy you one. Otherwise, you'd still me on your hand-me-down PS1, having delusions of it being a PS3.

And unlike most drones like you, I do have a mind and didn't buy the PSs because of the popular choice. I bought a PS1 because I wanted it. I bought a PS2 because I wanted to play a game.

You fail, son, at bashing me. Your hatin' is laughable and you are nothing more than a tool and a Sony drone. Get back to work at SDF - don't you have some digital propaganda to spread? Or will you just hit your local Wal-Mart and *try* to convert nonbelievers into believing that paying $400 for a much better video game experience is better than paying $279 plus tax for virtually the same experience on an Xbox 360 Arcade? I dunno if you've been keeping score, but your superior PS3 is still million upon millions of sales behind.

You disappoint me ...

What really makes me cringe are your strong opinions toward folks who don't share a willingness to sip some Jim Jones Kool-Aid and go down Sony's path. Nice way to win over folks by bashing their opinions. Thanks for my daily laugh at stupidity on display.

well looking at the lastest world wide sales looks like sony was right.. we did buy 5 million consoles with no games..... and i STILL love it.

If Microsoft does a price cut ($50-$100) before GTAIV comes out then I think the 360 will start outselling the PS3 in Europe as well as the U.S. for at least the rest of the year. The more aggressive the price cut the greater the gap in sales.

Oh and for the record I do think Microsoft is going to have a price cut before GTAIV...