By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, Let's Talk PS3 Mass Effect 2 Sales

I can't fathom why people aren't champing at the bit to pay full price for a year late port when the 360 and PC versions are available for a song. I guess PS3 owners must hate good games or something, because they clearly love being ripped off (that's why they own PS3s, lulz!).

Around the Network

It's okay to have opinions and people are certainly entitled but those thinking that ME2 was overhyped--in my opinion, ME2 tops each and every PS3 exclusive (360 exclusives, too) to claim the top spot this generation.  I don't think it's overhyped at all.  Those that are interested and play through it are likely to agree.  Those who come in looking to hate it have my pity. With the money to buy any game on the market, a backlog of unfinished games as long as my arm, and every console on the market (this gen) at my disposal, I'm playing ME2 again.  That's how good I think this game is.

I'm hoping people look past the fact that it's a year old and pick up this game.  It would be a shame if they didn't.

I bought the game for PS3 and am a few hours in, and honestly don't see what all the fuss was about. It seems kind of ridiculous and repetitive already, but i'll force myself to keep playing it since everyone says it's so great. The Illusive man, what a dumb corny name! I guess he's really....illusive.  Shepard is supposed to be some super hero, but your not, really, just an average soldier dude that everyone in the game acts as if is jesus. Collect minerals to buy gas. Clear out bad guys on planets. Can't wait...

raygun said:

I bought the game for PS3 and am a few hours in, and honestly don't see what all the fuss was about. It seems kind of ridiculous and repetitive already, but i'll force myself to keep playing it since everyone says it's so great. The Illusive man, what a dumb corny name! I guess he's really....illusive.  Shepard is supposed to be some super hero, but your not, really, just an average soldier dude that everyone in the game acts as if is jesus. Collect minerals to buy gas. Clear out bad guys on planets. Can't wait...

This is why I think people need to play the first one to fully enjoy the second. Shepard is neither super-hero or your average soldier. The first game made a big deal of Shepard being a top commander and becomming the first human Spectre and that obviously hasn't translated well in the comic. There's a reason he's considerred such a celebrity among humans.

And if you think Mass Effect 2 is repetitive I dread to hear what you think of Assassins Creed.

d21lewis said:

It's okay to have opinions and people are certainly entitled but those thinking that ME2 was overhyped--in my opinion, ME2 tops each and every PS3 exclusive (360 exclusives, too) to claim the top spot this generation.  I don't think it's overhyped at all.  Those that are interested and play through it are likely to agree.  Those who come in looking to hate it have my pity. With the money to buy any game on the market, a backlog of unfinished games as long as my arm, and every console on the market (this gen) at my disposal, I'm playing ME2 again.  That's how good I think this game is.

I'm hoping people look past the fact that it's a year old and pick up this game.  It would be a shame if they didn't.

Uncharted 2

Around the Network

88K is not bad for a game already released on X360 and PC

osamanobama said:
d21lewis said:

Uncharted 2

Flower

Well, my main gripe with the game is that its too similar to Dragon Age, and I liked Dragon Age more and I played Dragon Age later. Dragon Age is also longer.

Everything else I can live with, DA and ME 2 have almost the same story, DA imo had way better RPG elements and gameplay. It was also unique (kinda) unlike Mass effect which feels a lot like gears of war (it does!). Yeah you have biotic powers but the gameplay even then feels like gears of war. 

I don't see the huge deal with this game. I would rather play the lowly polished and terribly animated, glitchy Dragon Age, than play this highly polished, but lacking in gameplay variety ME 2. 

well, you have to think in this way. ME2 was very successful and had very high review scores when it first came out on PC/360. Anyone who is really interested in this game should have already played it on PC or 360. I, for one, played the game on PC. It was a great game, I don't think any serious gamer that is remotely interested in this genre can resist it for a whole year just waiting for the PS3 version. Let alone the PS3 version was not announced till late last year.

So will I buy this game on PS3 again? Maybe.. the comic section is interesting and i can play with different startup choices in less than 15 minutes. But on full price? never.

So who are those 100K copies sold to? I believe they are new PS3 owners, who bought their first HD consoles last year and are interested in shooter RPG genre, PLUS hard-core ME2 fans who are willing to pay the full price to re-experience the game with upgraded graphics :)

So, nothing to worry about ME2 sales. it's expected. The fact that stores ordered such small number of copies at launch  tells how much sales the industry really expected.

PS3 can't sell WRPGs

/thread

Seriously though... I think it could hit 1 million life time. Late ports are never known for big openings.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)