By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, Let's Talk PS3 Mass Effect 2 Sales

The only true way to know is by gaining the digital sales and copies purchased. We must also think about the budget to create the port. We don't know whether they profited or not since they shipped such a small amount.

Around the Network
viperlegendkiller said:
Onibaka said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Oh and people may have gotten superior games like LBP2 instead in the same timeframe

this.

Mass Effect surely is in Top 10 or even in Top 5 of Xbox 360. I liked it. But IMO, isn't even one of the best games of PS3.

This was hyped to hell because this was released in march on x360. Now it's rereleasing in the same time at Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and even after Gran Turismo 5(not everyone buys 1 game every month).

What exclusives were released in 2010 for x360? And for PS3? I don't need to go further...

Sorry if this is considered to be flame...it's not my intention to troll, only trying to undertand the psychological effect on ME2 in the 2 differet plataforms.

best 2010 xbox exclusives were splinter cell,  mass effect and halo reach those 3 games are better than anything thats came out on ps3 since mgs4

Well....Everyone have different tastes...

There are people in this world that don't like meat,  or men that likes other men.

XD Just joking!

viperlegendkiller said:
Onibaka said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Oh and people may have gotten superior games like LBP2 instead in the same timeframe

this.

Mass Effect surely is in Top 10 or even in Top 5 of Xbox 360. I liked it. But IMO, isn't even one of the best games of PS3.

This was hyped to hell because this was released in march on x360. Now it's rereleasing in the same time at Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and even after Gran Turismo 5(not everyone buys 1 game every month).

What exclusives were released in 2010 for x360? And for PS3? I don't need to go further...

Sorry if this is considered to be flame...it's not my intention to troll, only trying to undertand the psychological effect on ME2 in the 2 differet plataforms.

best 2010 xbox exclusives were splinter cell,  mass effect and halo reach those 3 games are better than anything thats came out on ps3 since mgs4

Really and truly the Xbox 360 has only had two great commercial successes, which are Gears and Halo. Splinter Cell might go multiplat, so I wouldn't go talking the PS3's games if I were you. If you count the amount of great exclusives, Sony has Microsoft by a mile and they aren't stopping at all. Microsoft keeps falling behind and this year is so evident. Any gamer ( who doesn't have a PS3) who can look past the PS3's lineup is clearly blind. Taste is taste, but most gamers can agree that what Sony has this year is truly special. The Mass Effect franchise being on the PS3 is just the icing on the cake and just proves that Microsoft has no longer got anything. Halo no longer has bungie and Gears is finished after the last game. After that.....enjoy the multiplats.

Microsofts successes today reside with Amercian casuals. Kinect is the other commercial success which is a testament to this.

viperlegendkiller said:
Onibaka said:
darthdevidem01 said:

this.

Splinter Cell is the best 360 game?

LOL.

Sorry, hard to take people seriously when they don't even know their own console.

In England, the game wasn't advertised at all, and then on the in store popularity charts it automatically took it's place in last. Then next week they removed it and hid it away. 

It's not like PS3 consumers have been able to benefit from all the media hype the initial release got. At the moment it's still a brand that's unfortunately heavily associated with the 360, for a more casual consumer anyway. I'm not sure ME3 will see much success though, this considered... since it's very story driven... perhaps, unless it has another one of those comic things at the start, for PS3. Then maybe with the right marketing... people will buy it irrespective of missing part 2, and 1. Then perhaps buy 2 after they play 3... god PS3 cosumers must really have a messed up perception of the ME universe. 

Around the Network
Xero said:

In England, the game wasn't advertised at all, and then on the in store popularity charts it automatically took it's place in last. Then next week they removed it and hid it away. 

It's not like PS3 consumers have been able to benefit from all the media hype the initial release got. At the moment it's still a brand that's unfortunately heavily associated with the 360, for a more casual consumer anyway. I'm not sure ME3 will see much success though, this considered... since it's very story driven... perhaps, unless it has another one of those comic things at the start, for PS3. Then maybe with the right marketing... people will buy it irrespective of missing part 2, and 1. Then perhaps buy 2 after they play 3... god PS3 cosumers must really have a messed up perception of the ME universe. 

Wait until part three comes out. The PS3 gamers were left out of the loop, so Bioware couldn't enjoy the initial sales.

whatever said:
heruamon said:

Bargin bin and bundling....that's the ticket...I sure hope it was worth it to EA (a company who is STILL losing so much money), to lose the financial support from M$ in promoting the game as an psuedo-exclusive.  I wonder if ME3 will match even match sales of ME2?

Wow, keep crying.

LOL...it's 10% right...hmmm...might turn out okay.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Xero said:

It's not like PS3 consumers have been able to benefit from all the media hype the initial release got. At the moment it's still a brand that's unfortunately heavily associated with the 360, for a more casual consumer anyway. I'm not sure ME3 will see much success though, this considered... since it's very story driven... perhaps, unless it has another one of those comic things at the start, for PS3. Then maybe with the right marketing... people will buy it irrespective of missing part 2, and 1. Then perhaps buy 2 after they play 3... god PS3 cosumers must really have a messed up perception of the ME universe

I got lynched elsewhere for suggesting something similar.  Be careful ...

Reasonable said:

I think the sales are okay for the circumstances.  ME2 couldn't have cost much to port and clearly they took the route of developing ME3 (and the version of Unreal under it) for PS3/360.  ME2 on PS3 just takes the content and drops it into the ME3 engine on the PS3.

Politically I think EA wanted it on PS3 and so long as it breaks even (which I'm sure it will) they'll be fine.  ME3 wil do better and overall EA will see more money across both consoles.

ME is a strange situation beacause I don't think it was ever timed or otherwise going to hit PS3 without the EA buyout, and because ME1 was restricted to 360 it was always going to be an odd move.

This kind of situation is why I wish MS would invest a bit more in their own studios for big titles.  There's nothing wrong with partnering of course as a business model - but it does increase the odds of this kind of haphazard change of direction for a franchise.

It's just so expensive, though, to go that route this late in a generation.  The cost to pay for such large staff full time would be extensive, especially considering the economic situation that has hovered over the world this gen.

Also, MS never would've paid for Bioware the way EA did.  EA wanted SW:TOR, which they're hoping is their WoW.  MS has proven that they just don't want to sink that kind of money into the risky MMO market.  Really nothing they could've done about the ME situation that would've been cost effective for them outside of what we've seen.

It would be nice to know how much the port (or heck, the games themselves) cost Bioware to develop.  Unlike movies, games aren't near as transparent with that information.

Their are still people crying about ME2 going to PS3???? its on PS3 it has DLC deal with it!! its not like it was ever truly exclusive. Ive never got this whole "it has to be exclusive" thing