By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, Let's Talk PS3 Mass Effect 2 Sales

I already have it for my 360 but since it's sucha good game I will buy it for my PS3 but not until it's way cheaper then now.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Picked it up for $10 on steam in December, not really surprised it wouldn't sell gangbusters at $60.

People were calling the 360 version a flop shortly after it came out too, but now it's passed the original, has 2.5 M, and is still going.  Hopefully both versions continue to see legs and ME3 has massive sales all around because it is a fantastic game and truly deserves it...

I refuse to pay 40 pounds for year old game no matter how good it is, i dont care for dlc which should have been in the game in first place. Also i bought in january lbp2, im planning to get also dead space 2 when its cheaper and maybe dcu later one. Also kz3 in february is first day buy. I missed some games from holiday like acb which ill buy. I have backlog of games waiting to be played, new vegas, dragon age,vanquish etc. im still playing gt5 some other titles. Im not only one with these reasons for sure.

I ll get it when it hits 20,25 pounds range.

most people who wanted the game have it, alot of people have 360s and alot of people have PCs so there is a huge market chunk right there. Me personally i played the game at my friends house (ME1 & 2) and it just looked like prettier GOW games. All my friends who have it said I must get it. EA said Portal2 was coming for PC/360 so im like ok now I have to either get a gaming rig or 360 now just for that and might as well get ME series, then PS3 news for Portal2 come. THen ME2 news come, so its like "thanks EA, you just saved me hundreds of bucks" honestly those were the only two games I was remotely interested in. 

Around the Network

Late ports never sell well, and the main reason is the lack of marketing. Sure enough, we all knew the day ME2 Ps3 was announced, we all knew it came out in Janauary etc. But Joe Average needs a tv advert or facebook advert or something to tell him this awesome games out and that he needs to buy it. The fact is most people don't even know Mass Effect 2 is on PS3, and any late port is going to suffer without any marketing push whatsoever.

It's strong reviews will grind it up to a good 800k or so, which is fine for a game which doesn't really cost EA anything and sets up ME3 for bigger sales. Any game released with next to no fanfare however is never going to set the sales charts alight, even if it's one of last years GOTY's.

will get it if i found it in my country. considering its a port its not coming to all countries in emeaa.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

osamanobama said:
d21lewis said:

It's okay to have opinions and people are certainly entitled but those thinking that ME2 was overhyped--in my opinion, ME2 tops each and every PS3 exclusive (360 exclusives, too) to claim the top spot this generation.  I don't think it's overhyped at all.  Those that are interested and play through it are likely to agree.  Those who come in looking to hate it have my pity. With the money to buy any game on the market, a backlog of unfinished games as long as my arm, and every console on the market (this gen) at my disposal, I'm playing ME2 again.  That's how good I think this game is.

I'm hoping people look past the fact that it's a year old and pick up this game.  It would be a shame if they didn't.

Uncharted 2

Yeah.  I got that one, too.  Played through it once.  Enjoyed it a lot for the time it lasted.  But IGN said ME2 was better than Uncharted 2 and I agree.

-Oh, and I have Flower, too.

It would be a shame if it lost sales due to a lack of faith on the part of retailers.

One of many reasons why I'm in favour of more digital distribution. Retailers have too much power over the success of a title.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

d21lewis said:

-Oh, and I have Flower, too.

Flower is not on Xbox 360, so I know you're lying!

But I might actually rate Mass Effect 2 over Flower when it's all said and done. ME1 was already impossibly epic, especially the last 2-3 hours of it, but ME2 manages to somehow be even... epicer. I'm in love with this game.