By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, Let's Talk PS3 Mass Effect 2 Sales

zgamer5 said:

what do you mean? theyr selling more copies of me2 which is good. and considering they had low expectations for the game then i think they would be happy with 1 million sales for me3 on ps3. im saying ltd for me2 ps3 500k if its lucky. once price goes down well see a sale increase. also, once me3 comes out it will get legs.

The 1-year late PS3 port of BIoshock sold 800k, and that was 2 years ago when the PS3 install base was MUCH smaller. I would expect ME2 to have a little more mainstream/universal appeal and ought to reach 1 million, at LEAST. Unless there's some unforeseen side-effect of Mass Effect 3 coming out and undercutting the legs of ME2 because people weirdly think something along the lines of, "Oh, well the 3rd game in the series is out, there's no reason for me to get ME2 since it's obsolete."

And yeah, as others mentioned, there're several extenuating factors at play here:

• It's competing against several other big releases on the system, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 and Dead Space 2, and Killzone 3 in a few weeks.
  • People are waiting for price drops because they don't feel that $60 for a year-late port is justifiable.
  • It's January

Around the Network

Same thing as bioshock 2

i'll just say this -- i will (but as of yet have not) be buying this.  however, with lpb2, dead space 2, kz3 releasing so close to and then i'm still playing GT and sly cooper collection, ect....i just didn't have time for it.

i guess i figured, of all the games i want to buy i figure this one will get a price drop the quickest so i pushed it to the side for the moment.

im shocked at how badly this has sold, seriously dont ps3 owners know a good game when theyve got one?

i hope the sales pick up because the game deserves all sales it can get, maybe it's not selling well because christmas has just passed and everyone is busy playing games from the, ot maybe there just skint. It could also maybe that with LittleBigPlanet2 just released and Killzone 3 coming soon then maybe they want to spend there money on them  first.

I just hope that it hits 1million at least. In my opinion its one of PS3 best games, ps3 owners should buy it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Oh and people may have gotten superior games like LBP2 instead in the same timeframe

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Oh and people may have gotten superior games like LBP2 instead in the same timeframe

this.

Mass Effect surely is in Top 10 or even in Top 5 of Xbox 360. I liked it. But IMO, isn't even one of the best games of PS3.

This was hyped to hell because this was released in march on x360. Now it's rereleasing in the same time at Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and even after Gran Turismo 5(not everyone buys 1 game every month).

What exclusives were released in 2010 for x360? And for PS3? I don't need to go further...

Sorry if this is considered to be flame...it's not my intention to troll, only trying to undertand the psychological effect on ME2 in the 2 differet plataforms.

darthdevidem01 said:

the worst wrpg>ff7

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I think the sales are okay for the circumstances.  ME2 couldn't have cost much to port and clearly they took the route of developing ME3 (and the version of Unreal under it) for PS3/360.  ME2 on PS3 just takes the content and drops it into the ME3 engine on the PS3.

Politically I think EA wanted it on PS3 and so long as it breaks even (which I'm sure it will) they'll be fine.  ME3 wil do better and overall EA will see more money across both consoles.

ME is a strange situation beacause I don't think it was ever timed or otherwise going to hit PS3 without the EA buyout, and because ME1 was restricted to 360 it was always going to be an odd move.

This kind of situation is why I wish MS would invest a bit more in their own studios for big titles.  There's nothing wrong with partnering of course as a business model - but it does increase the odds of this kind of haphazard change of direction for a franchise.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

88k isn't bad considering PS3 owners had to pay 40 dollars more than its worth now.

If they would of included 1 and 2 I would of bought it to play 1 again. Didnt really like 2. It was a little drawn out and hated the new accuracy. The first one felt like a RPG first shooter second where as 2 was a shooter first rpg second. ME1 was one of the best games this gen (imo). When you look at the price you can get it on 360/pc for 20 bucks whereas the PS3 is 60 but comes with all the dlc. Should of been a 40 dollar game.