By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

pezus said:
osamanobama said:

is anyone else shocked at how poorly done the ign.com review was. 1st off it was only one freakin page, some addon get longer reviews than that. and it seems as though they didnt spend much time playing it (specifically with move and 3D)

" Move controls are functional but in no way superior or better than an analog controller, while 3D is...well…3D. Yay?"

did they even play the game in 3D. thanks ign you told us a game that says 3d game on the cover is in 3d. so how good is it. did you experiment with the move, hell did you use the sharpshooter, did the shapshooter help. god, i hate ign. play the game in its entirety then review it.

also whats with giving games like this and GOW3 9.5 on graphics, what games look better than this

edit: now the review shows up on 2 pages, but its really 1.5 pages. weird

I thought the same about the IGN review. IGN has really been disappointing me as of late, their reviews are just not up to par.

Bolded: Yep and funnily enough, IGN gave MW2 on the PS3 a 10 in graphics. I mean wth?? MW2 in no way looks better than Killzone 3.

WTF

Some people and sites should not have the right to review games! WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!

Around the Network

It was worth these reviews for the meltdowns

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Damn, Sony is lifting the review embargo really early these days.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

They had faith in GG...

WELL THEY SHOULDNT HAVE! ANYONE KNOW ONLY NAUGHTY DOG MAY HAVE THIS AMOUNT OF FAITH!

leatherhat said:

This is just another case of reviewers not having any consistency or ability to compare different games. 

No, this happens with all high profile games.  Just because people who were going to buy the game no matter what the score feel like KZ3 is getting hammered for no reason, but the overall feeling from a lot of reviewers so far is the same.  KZ3 have problems.  It doesn't get 9.0 just because it has nice graphics and goes up from there.  When I see scores flux like I see for KZ3, that tells me that the game is unbalance.  It's a polar game that will be great for some and crap for others.  What you should be able to do as a gamer is find out what things are great in KZ3 that you like and what is not and decide which are more important.

SinglePlayer, online co-op are two strong points I like to see high marks for in a FPS game.  So far these are the two weakest points for KZ3 from the reviews.  As I get older, MP isn't something I play a lot of anymore.  KZ3 seems to be strong on this point.  I have move but do not have a 3D TV so things are split there.  Just off of those points, KZ3 is not a day one purchase for me.  I can easily wait unit it is discounted or a game of the year edition comes out.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

They had faith in GG...

WELL THEY SHOULDNT HAVE! ANYONE KNOW ONLY NAUGHTY DOG MAY HAVE THIS AMOUNT OF FAITH!

shut the hell up. gg is a great studio. most critics didnt like the story but others did. so story wise it all has to do with taste since it offers a lot on helghast dilemmas and such. other then that look at gg review. 7.8 story the rest got 9.4 9.7 and 9.2 overll ait fot 9.4.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

see i dont mine reviews like this, but i dont like it when cod gets in the 90s all the time even tho nothings changed. it makes the reviewers look completly bais because killzone 3 sounds better than cod in every way.

Story is bad in Killzone 3 well it wont be as bad as the mess of mw2 and the highly predictable black ops with lame america is the best ending

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

What are you guys so sad about? I've seen other games score FAR FAR LOWER than its predecessor compared to KZ3(fable 3 for example).

anyways yeh I get some of the reviews are quite funny like MW2 graphics gets high score but KZ3 gets lower score in graphics(ROFL) and its scoring lower than KZ2 did(but hey this isn't the first sequel to do that) but still its OVERALL score 87 is FAR from bad heck I've bought games that has below 70 on the metacritic......

BTW don't expect this to hit 90's because there's still 6/10 comming from the likes of edge.

wow, 9.4 from Gametrailers. 

BTW guys I just saw a list of review(included non included in meta) and 9/10's are out numbering the 7 so just chill.