By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

Wagram said:
Hyruken said:

Well yesterday i finally got around to playing the game. I have managed to miss most of the info for the game before hand, didn't read previews, haven't looked at reviews, ignored all threads here!

After playing it then reading the comments here i wondered if i was playing a different game!! The game is fecking awful! The story sucks, the cut scenes just drag on and the actual gameplay itself is really boring. The 2nd one was pretty good i felt and at the time was deffinatly one of the best shooters available. But the 3rd one in my opinion just feels "lazy" in comparison to that. The variety is just really weak, especially when compared to other fps games of late. In the 2nd one the main thing that bugged me was that all the baddies look the same. The 3rd one is the same all over again, it just iritates the hell out of me. It reminds me of the old atari days or early nes days when each bad guy was just all one colour. You had normally red/blue = bad guy. No difference in how they looked. Killzone 3 to me is just the same, guys in armor with red eyes. They all look the same and is next to no difference in how the look or how they act. And they act most of the time pretty dumb. The high production values of the first one just seem to have gone out the window.

So after reading a few comments here i was expecting mid 90s scores. Thank god common sense prevailed and it has got a lot lower scores. Killzone 3 in many ways reminds me of Gears 2. A fun game to play for a few hours, but then it gets annoying and you just want it to end. There is nothing really there to make it stand out from other fps games, doesn't really do anything new. The graphics are great, i love the wind physics on some of the levels. But as with so many games before it, great graphics don't make a great game. I'd give it an 8/10. I expect this one to drop in price quite quickly.

Fucking awful is a 8/10? MY GOD THIS SUCKY GAME!!!

No no, you misunderstand. The game is awful in my view based on the praise people in here are giving. If you went out and bought it on the back of what a lot of you guys said you would be expecting a near perfect/unique/fun filled/deep driven story etc type game. That is not what i got.

The game is fecking awful compared to Killzone 2 which personally i think is superiour in nearly every way. Especially in the gameplay elements.

But with the score i actually meant to say 7/10 not 8/10 (typing on a phone). Which is still a good score but compared to other fps games including the previous version it is a bit meh really.

Around the Network

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Killzone is back up to an 85 on metacritic.

osamanobama said:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Killzone is back up to an 85 on metacritic.

LOL I felt the same way when I checked. I didn't really know that there were still more reviews to be released so that's pretty nice.