By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

In my opinion and I feel like it's the same for many people, Killzone 2 was kind of overrated to begin with.

I mean the graphics were nice and the online mode was fun but the controls ---> Argh!!

The single player campaign wasn't anything new.

So if Killzone 3 is the same as Killzone 2, I find these reviews to be rather accurate.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Spagoodle said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I think the Metascore will go up but it won't be over a 90. This really annoys me as it's clearly a better game than it's predecessor and, like LBP2, it's getting lower scores across the board. How the likes of Dead Space 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherood get away with it while these games drop 4 or 5 points is beyond me.

Clearly? You must of played through it a few times, right? No way you could be making such a bold statment off a beta.

Who plays FPS for story

i just want to tell you guys ive been playing the beta with the move, and ive got to say its great. it will be the way i play.

it took a little bit to get adjusted, but i really feel like i have the advantage with it, it works great.

REPEAT: I WILL BE PLAYING IT WITH THE MOVE.

ign didnt put much time with it apparently, they said move is inferior, but i do not agree. it works great really.

im using the move!!!! just want to drive home that point, because it works great

Boutros said:

In my opinion and I feel like it's the same for many people, Killzone 2 was kind of overrated to begin with.

I mean the graphics were nice and the online mode was fun but the controls ---> Argh!!

So if Killzone 3 is the same as Killzone 2, I find these reviews to be rather accurate.

But they are praising the controls now, that's the issue, yet giving it lower scores.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
patapon said:
psrock said:
Spagoodle said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I think the Metascore will go up but it won't be over a 90. This really annoys me as it's clearly a better game than it's predecessor and, like LBP2, it's getting lower scores across the board. How the likes of Dead Space 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherood get away with it while these games drop 4 or 5 points is beyond me.

Clearly? You must of played through it a few times, right? No way you could be making such a bold statment off a beta.

Who plays FPS for story

Some of the best FPSs's of this generation have been story driven. Ever heard of Half Life? or Bioshock?

Around the Network
psrock said:
Boutros said:

But they are praising the controls now, that's the issue, yet giving it lower scores.

From what I've heard though, the campaign isn't better than Killzone 2's.

It seems to me like people expect too much from sequels nowadays.

I personally don't mind when a sequel is more of the same.

Boutros said:
psrock said:
Boutros said:

From what I've heard though, the campaign isn't better than Killzone 2's.

It seems to me like people expect too much from sequels nowadays.

I personally don't mind when a sequel is more of the same.

they cried about the controls in kz2, that has been fixed, how is it the same?  

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
liu777 said:
patapon said:
psrock said:
Spagoodle said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Who plays FPS for story

Some of the best FPSs's of this generation have been story driven. Ever heard of Half Life? or Bioshock?

Ummm... I agree?

patapon said:
liu777 said:
patapon said:
psrock said:
Spagoodle said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Who plays FPS for story

Yeah... was it not clear enough for you?

Whoops sorry, I was trying to quote the guy before you. Lol dont worry, I think we're on the same side =P

Wow mighty early for reviews, 18 days till release!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.