By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

i feel most of reviews expectation were too high for this game, that's why end up they deduct quite much points after they feel whatever did not fully reached their expects, kinda too picky...

Around the Network
patapon said:

Agh, IDK why some of you people are going crazy, 80 plus 'meta' is good news

As for the reviews themselves, they all say the story sucks. And I bet 100% they are dead on. GG suck at telling stories and they need a major wake up call. You can't just make a bunch of 'exploionzzz' tied together with garbage and call that a single player.

I never understand why it is so difficult for these multi-million dollar studios to create a compelling story w/ great characters w/ great pacing etc. etc. Basically... be Naughty dog. You'd think with all the talent in the world, it would be relatively easy hat. Please note, I hated Killzone 2 and thought it sucked major amounts of male genitalia. But at the same time, ever since I laid my eyes on that one Malcolm McDowell trailer that released a month ago, I had a renewed interest in the series. I thought/hoped that GG had an epiphany or something because that was an AMAZING trailer. It looks like GGs is better at making trailers than actual games and that is just bullshit

I am disappoint.

It is a great score its true. But the fact remains that other games get way higher scores when the story is just as bad or worse. They even get higher graphics scores. I just wish that review sites would go "hey we gave MW2 a 10 for graphics....soo...."

This is just another case of reviewers not having any consistency or ability to compare different games. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

radiantshadow92 said:
patapon said:

As for the reviews themselves, they all say the story sucks. And I bet 100% they are dead on. GG suck at telling stories and they need a major wake up call. You can't just make a bunch of 'exploionzzz' tied together with garbage and call that a single player.

I never understand why it is so difficult for these multi-million dollar studios to create a compelling story w/ great characters w/ great pacing etc. etc. Basically... be Naughty dog. You'd think with all the talent in the world, it would be relatively easy hat. Please note, I hated Killzone 2 and thought it sucked major amounts of male genitalia. But at the same time, ever since I laid my eyes on that one Malcolm McDowell trailer that released a month ago, I had a renewed interest in the series. I thought/hoped that GG had an epiphany or something because that was an AMAZING trailer. It looks like GGs is better at making trailers than actual games and that is just bullshit

I am disappoint.

It is a great score its true. But the fact remains that other games get way higher scores when the story is just as bad or worse. They even get higher graphics scores. I just wish that review sites would go "hey we gave MW2 a 10 for graphics....soo...."

When you're a Sony first party game, expectations are higher and for damn good reason. If GG wants to remain one, they need to start learning how to do more than create pretty textures.

As for MW2, 2 years ago the market wasn't so damn full of Multiplayer FPS games. If you imagine the game industry as a series of scales, the one with 'fps' on the label is about to fucking pancake. That being such, FPS games right now will be reviewed harsher than those in the past because it's no longer fun for game reviewers. Nitpicks will come into place more and more and you have the reasons why Killzone 3, Black Ops and Halo: reach are scored the way they are.

That said, it's not impossible for FPS games to wow critics these days even taking into consideration oversaturation. Wowing critics will happen with the Single player though because that is what TRULEY differentiates this generation of multiplayer focused fps. And as for how Killzone 3's story holds up?

Yeah, disappointing across the board.

patapon said:
radiantshadow92 said:
patapon said:

I am disappoint.

When you're a Sony first party game, expectations are higher and for damn good reason. If GG wants to remain one, they need to start learning how to do more than create pretty textures.

As for MW2, 2 years ago the market wasn't so damn full of Multiplayer FPS games. If you imagine the game industry as a series of scales, the one with 'fps' on the label is about to fucking pancake. That being such, FPS games right now will be reviewed harsher than those in the past because it's no longer fun for game reviewers. Nitpicks will come into place more and more and you have the reasons why Killzone 3, Black Ops and Halo: reach are scored the way they are.

That said, it's not impossible for FPS games to wow critics these days even taking into consideration oversaturation. Wowing critics will happen with the Single player though because that is what TRULEY differentiates this generation of multiplayer focused fps. And as for how Killzone 3's story holds up?

Yeah, disappointing across the board.

It just worries me. If infamous got a 9.2 on IGN, then its headed for like an 8. And that will make me go fuuuuuuuuuu

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:

It just worries me. If infamous got a 9.2 on IGN, then its headed for like an 8. And that will make me go fuuuuuuuuuu

Haha, don't worry about Infamous 2. That game will be special and if you ever listen to podcast beyond you'd know that everyone at IGN LOVES Infamous and are excited about the sequel while they've always had a sense of apathy about Killzone.

Plus, Infamous 2 will do things that have never been done in a sandbox game before while Killzone is just multiplayer fps #125

You may still yet win your bet about Infamous 2 > SS

Or maybe sucker punch screwed up so bad it's not even funny :P

Honestly, this year will be full of dissapointments.

LBP2 scored lower than LBP1

KZ3 scored lower than KZ2

Uncharted 3 CANT score fucking 96, thats impossible and people will say its too linear and same shit.

Twisted Metal is ..special and wont even get 85 most likely.

The last guardian -> Japaneese/chineese or whatever, people will go like I DUN GET IT, 1/10!

Resistance -> sucks just like the rest 4/10 (not my opinion)

Motorstorm -> blabla same stuff gets dull

Socom 4 -> nah, too much focus on move, its bad.

infamous 2 -> bad voice acting, lets give it a 6/10

That above is not my opinion at all, i will buy all those games day 1 (except for socom 4) and I will love them to death just like their predecessor but I feel like... it's going to be impossible to top the games that are already out ..the only ones that COULD do it is.. games that already scored low.. but theres a reason why they scored low XD so... i wont hold my breath.

It just pisses me off that Killzone 3 that offers so much more and in my opinion is better based on purely a BETA gets such a low score compared to Killzone 2 when new CoDs are released every fking year with the same shell just different ..shit that you can barely tell apart.

Im just sad and raged atm ;_;, witness one of my weakest days here on the interwebz and VGC.

If naughty dog pulls out a 96 out of their ass one more time for Uncharted 3, I swear to god and I am serious, I will buy not one but TWO YES TWO!!!!!!! COLLECTOR EDITIONS OF UNCHARTED 3. Swear to god!!!

patapon said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Haha, don't worry about Infamous 2. That game will be special and if you ever listen to podcast beyond you'd know that everyone at IGN LOVES Infamous and are excited about the sequel while they've always had a sense of apathy about Killzone.

Plus, Infamous 2 will do things that have never been done in a sandbox game before while Killzone is just multiplayer fps #125

You may still yet win your bet about Infamous 2 > SS

Or maybe sucker punch screwed up so bad it's not even funny :P

Of course i listen to BEYOND! However neither Greg nor Colin are reviewing the game =/....I just hope that if they say its better than AC and other sandbox games, that they freaking score it higher.

Aldro said:

Uncharted 3 CANT score fucking 96, thats impossible and people will say its too linear and same shit.

The last guardian -> Japaneese/chineese or whatever, people will go like I DUN GET IT, 1/10!

That above is not my opinion at all, i will buy all those games day 1 (except for socom 4) and I will love them to death just like their predecessor but I feel like... it's going to be impossible to top the games that are already out ..the only ones that COULD do it is.. games that already scored low.. but theres a reason why they scored low XD so... i wont hold my breath.

It just pisses me off that Killzone 3 that offers so much more and in my opinion is better based on purely a BETA gets such a low score compared to Killzone 2 when new CoDs are released every fking year with the same shell just different ..shit that you can barely tell apart.

Im just sad and raged atm ;_;, witness one of my weakest days here on the interwebz and VGC.

If naughty dog pulls out a 96 out of their ass one more time for Uncharted 3, I swear to god and I am serious, I will buy not one but TWO YES TWO!!!!!!! COLLECTOR EDITIONS OF UNCHARTED 3. Swear to god!!!

Bookmarked, i want pics if it happens ;)

Aldro said:

If it makes you feel better game reviews are completely worthless outside of epeen. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype