By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

Im  buying it for the muiltiplayer iv never been a fan of any shooters campaigns, there just something to do when the gfs using the internet ( since i only have one connection).

Around the Network

Pretty good reviews.  Most are very solid and it seems the game itself is great - going by even the weaker reviews - however the story in SP is weak.

Only a few seem to focus on Move although those are surprisingly positive - looks like Move is viable with KZ3, I'll be curious to see if it is used much or not overall.

Sounds like the gameplay and feel is super though with a really solid MP.  I like that the title is still different, focusing on weight and 'being there' rather than trying to copy the light feel of CoD.

I'll pick it up but maybe not right away - still immersed in LBP2 and finishing off Dead Space 2 and Resident Evil 5 (with Move) so no time for anything else right now.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Holy shit, meta at 86, WHAT THE FUCK!!

Joystic:

70/100
No amount of 3D waggle can change the fact that the Killzone 3 campaign is a miserable experience. Killzone 3 certainly offers more bells and whistles than its predecessor -- it's just a shame they've been affixed to an inferior game.

Games(tm)

70/100
From a single-player point of view at least, Killzone 3 is the biggest disappointment of the year so far. It does have a few exhilarating moments, and it can probably still just about claim to have the best graphics ever, but it fundamentally plays more like a formulaic Call Of Duty clone than a successor to the current generations most intense, visceral FPS.
Are they shitting me?

From what I've read so far, the story sucks, pretty much like on the previous games. Am I the only one really frustrated  by this fact? The Killzone franchise had a lot of potential story-wise, but in the first two games the characters were underdeveloped and the main events made no sense, and judging by the reviewers' veredicts, it seems that the same will be for the third installment. 

Such a pity...

Aldro said:

Holy shit, meta at 86, WHAT THE FUCK!!

Joystic:

70/100
No amount of 3D waggle can change the fact that the Killzone 3 campaign is a miserable experience. Killzone 3 certainly offers more bells and whistles than its predecessor -- it's just a shame they've been affixed to an inferior game.

Games(tm)

70/100
From a single-player point of view at least, Killzone 3 is the biggest disappointment of the year so far. It does have a few exhilarating moments, and it can probably still just about claim to have the best graphics ever, but it fundamentally plays more like a formulaic Call Of Duty clone than a successor to the current generations most intense, visceral FPS.
Are they shitting me?

I seriously don't know what is so serious, the only thing I seems to be sensing is reviewers are giving their opinion more fairly because it seems PS3 fans have stopped overhyping games as of late ( gamer fatigue?). The funny thing is they are giving worst scores to games that are much better than the previous one. 

If these reviews affect the buying of these games which I doubt, then gamers have issues.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I was expecting the score to be in the region of 90's but don't care still getting it as it looks pretty damn good though I didn't enjoy KZ2 that much mostly due to the input lag and clunky cover system.

I want to knife someone in the eye :@.. oh wait I can!

*Goes back to Killzone 3 beta*

Much better. Seriously the beta is awesome.

I am sick of these reviews. Reviewers need to learn how to scale games with other games. 

Gamezone

95/100

http://ps3.gamezone.com/reviews/item/killzone_3_review/

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Agh, IDK why some of you people are going crazy, 80 plus 'meta' is good news

As for the reviews themselves, they all say the story sucks. And I bet 100% they are dead on. GG suck at telling stories and they need a major wake up call. You can't just make a bunch of 'exploionzzz' tied together with garbage and call that a single player.

I never understand why it is so difficult for these multi-million dollar studios to create a compelling story w/ great characters w/ great pacing etc. etc. Basically... be Naughty dog. You'd think with all the talent in the world, it would be relatively easy hat. Please note, I hated Killzone 2 and thought it sucked major amounts of male genitalia. But at the same time, ever since I laid my eyes on that one Malcolm McDowell trailer that released a month ago, I had a renewed interest in the series. I thought/hoped that GG had an epiphany or something because that was an AMAZING trailer. It looks like GGs is better at making trailers than actual games and that is just bullshit

I am disappoint.