By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

Excellent scores so far.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

is anyone else shocked at how poorly done the ign.com review was. 1st off it was only one freakin page, some addon get longer reviews than that. and it seems as though they didnt spend much time playing it (specifically with move and 3D)

" Move controls are functional but in no way superior or better than an analog controller, while 3D is...well…3D. Yay?"

did they even play the game in 3D. thanks ign you told us a game that says 3d game on the cover is in 3d. so how good is it. did you experiment with the move, hell did you use the sharpshooter, did the shapshooter help. god, i hate ign. play the game in its entirety then review it.

also whats with giving games like this and GOW3 9.5 on graphics, what games look better than this

edit: now the review shows up on 2 pages, but its really 1.5 pages. weird

Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh these are coming in already...

and I was right to think reviews will be a lot harsher when it comes to scoring the game..oh well it still looks to be miles better than kz2

This is probably a Halo 3 Halo: Reach thing. Even though the game is better (well imo) the reviews just don't gel! I think a lot of games get points based on being new and original, and even if the sequel IS better ... it gets lower scores.

I don't know if that's silly or not, I guess a game should be rewarded for originality.

true, but still by the looks of it lbp2, reach and killzone 3 derserve better then they got. lbp2 was innovative! reach had a shitload amount of content a 7 hour campaign(or more but thats alot for an fps) and from what people say one of the best halo campaigns. and killzone 3, story looks better(currently opinion about it is mixed) and theirs a god damn jungle feature :P and co op.

games like me2 and uncharted 2 did raise the bar but your not going to expect same sp experiences from two first person shooters and 2d creation game.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

whats going on here with teh ps3 exclusive reviews?

ign rated MW2 graphics higher then KZ3?

story? story?

how the F do you rate a games story thats all personal preference imo, most would agree that U2 had a good one or even better than DF however i dont and im a sony fan

havent played yet to give my opinion the only thing i can comment on it is that theres no blind fire from cover and the the cover isnt in MP would of liked to seen that in 3 after there original 07 lean and peak vids, the chronicles of riddick has the best FPS cover system

and the online coop werent there article confirming both online and offline?

its over this thing will most likely see a 85 meta now

Play Me

Vandal

9.2/10

http://translate.google.es/translate?u=http://www.vandal.net/analisis/ps3/killzone-3/12045&sl=es&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

GameFront

95/100

http://www.gamefront.com/killzone-3-review/

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

i just read the destructoid review and - "For the first time in the series, Killzone 3 brings both online and split-screen co-op to the table."

so deos it have it or not?

the GT review claims it split-screen only im confused

Its splitscreen only, guerilla have themselves said this.

Good Scores, Some of you guys need to stop expecting 10's from everyone For every game. Its just getting silly.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I cant believe this. KZ3 should ATLEAST get a 91. Im pissed off.

Just saw these scores by making my usual site visits:

GT: 9.4/10

Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/03/killzone-3-review/

3.5/5

EDIT: Aah you already got the GT review. sry.