By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 3 Review Thread

CGI-Quality said:
mantlepiecek said:
CGI-Quality said:
mantlepiecek said:

Pretty bad scores for a sequel to killzone 2. I think this will do something like 87 metacritic if this continues.

What are the bad score(s)?

Eurogamer, gamespot and ign, videogamer...

Its not that bad, just compared to killzone 2, they are. Seems like weak story is the problem here.

None of those reviews are bad though (which is the very issue I have with gamers and the industry alike). If games don't 9s/10s across the board, it's considered "bad". I think there's a combination of things that caused the lower-than-KZ2-reviews in some cases, but it's still a situation that's far from bad. I am little surprised myself at some of the numbers, but when you read the full reviews, you get a better picture of the reviewer's thoughts.

It's not a personal complaint with you though, just a pet-peave of mine

It depends on the game. If tomorrow atelier rorona gets an 88 on metacritic I will go buy it day 1 (lol).

However if Uncharted 3 were to get 88, it would be disappointing. And it will be considered as "bad" by some people.

A high profile shooter game like killzone 3 should have done a lil better, in my opinion. I will be getting killzone 3 anyway though, lol.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
BenVTrigger said:

I can't wait to pick this game up on the 22nd though so far Reviews look good, but a little dissapointing when compared to KZ2.  Either way I'm sure this will be the better game of the two.

Now sales is what really worries me about this game.  Its looking lacking there but solid reviews will hopefully help  that.

little disapointing? you mean reviews? from what ive seen the game isnt disapointing. only grudges ign and gamespot had is that t has a terrible campaign but other reviews said it has a great one. so it aint doing that bad.

what shocks me is that destructoid gave it a 10.

Yeah reviews are certainly a little dissapointing right now, its scoring well below what its predecessor Killzone 2 did.  I expect the game to be much better than Killzone 2 and its getting great reviews but compared to KZ2 its not scoring as well. 

SpartenOmega117 said:
-Newcloud- said:

im shocked and a bit annoyed that it doesnt have online co-op

same here but is it possible it can be fixed with an update?

i hope so i was really hyped to play it with my friend, i just dont understand why they'd put co-op in it and not make it online its a serious letdown

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!

Man Guerilla games deserve more :(

M.U.G.E.N said:

oh these are coming in already...

and I was right to think reviews will be a lot harsher when it comes to scoring the game..oh well it still looks to be miles better than kz2

This is probably a Halo 3 Halo: Reach thing. Even though the game is better (well imo) the reviews just don't gel! I think a lot of games get points based on being new and original, and even if the sequel IS better ... it gets lower scores.

I don't know if that's silly or not, I guess a game should be rewarded for originality.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
zgamer5 said:
BenVTrigger said:

I can't wait to pick this game up on the 22nd though so far Reviews look good, but a little dissapointing when compared to KZ2.  Either way I'm sure this will be the better game of the two.

Now sales is what really worries me about this game.  Its looking lacking there but solid reviews will hopefully help  that.

little disapointing? you mean reviews? from what ive seen the game isnt disapointing. only grudges ign and gamespot had is that t has a terrible campaign but other reviews said it has a great one. so it aint doing that bad.

Yeah reviews are certainly a little dissapointing right now, its scoring well below what its predecessor Killzone 2 did.  I expect the game to be much better than Killzone 2 and its getting great reviews but compared to KZ2 its not scoring as well. 

like killzone 2 and lbp they had the wow ive never seen this element. killzone 3 doesnt have that. it improved visually and it has an amazing jungle level, but the expectations of reviwers are increasing because games like me2 and uncharted 2 raised the bar, by a lot.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Lol look at the campaigns for CoD. Maybe 3 hours long..no story at all really, gameplay is completely identical - yet it still nets a 9.5 etc from these sites. It really does go to show how biased some of these journalists can be this generation.

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

lol @ videogamers score "were only reviwing the single player"

game looks stunning day one from me.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh these are coming in already...

and I was right to think reviews will be a lot harsher when it comes to scoring the game..oh well it still looks to be miles better than kz2

This is probably a Halo 3 Halo: Reach thing. Even though the game is better (well imo) the reviews just don't gel! I think a lot of games get points based on being new and original, and even if the sequel IS better ... it gets lower scores.

I don't know if that's silly or not, I guess a game should be rewarded for originality.

imo if a game is better than predecessor it should have equal or higher score

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

vr6GOLFr32 said:
zgamer5 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Lol look at the campaigns for CoD. Maybe 3 hours long..no story at all really, gameplay is completely identical - yet it still nets a 9.5 etc from these sites. It really does go to show how biased some of these journalists can be this generation.

or why activision are in the black.

spend to much money bribing.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good