By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 Open Beta

IllegalPaladin said:

Okay so far it's decent, but I'm not liking it as much as Killzone 2. Perhaps it's the things they changed that tried to make it more like Call of Duty which are off putting for me?

- Health and sprint: The reduced health and sprint is frustrating. Frankly, I liked the partial regenerating health and blood bag med packs in Killzone 2 more than this junk.

- Weapons: They've added more weapons, sure, but I don't care for amost every weapon having burst. I usually tap the fire button to do bursts on my own or to shoot one or two shots at a time. Unless I'm mistaken, it would be nice if you could get more weapons per class. I'd much rather have a full-auto normal Helghast/ISA assault rifle than the three round burst and silenced version other classes get. Speaking of which, why does the sniper class get the full-auto Helghast assault rifle?

- Brutal Melee: While it looks cool in singleplayer, this seems rather gimicky in multiplayer. I had a game where there were three or four brutal melee's in a row with the next person killing the previous. While melee in Killzone 2 was hit or miss, brutal melee instant kills are an overused feature. At least give it a certain chance of happening when you melee or perhaps only if you melee somebody from behind or something.

-Medic: I like to play medic because it's not always about getting kills, but supporting the team. Unlike Killzone 2 where you could take out your revive zapper and hit an ally from a short distance, you have to get right up next to your buddy and hit the left on the d-pad. Reviving freezes you in place and you'll end up dying just trying to pick up an ally.

- Infiltrator: It's like the issues above make the infiltrator class extremely overpowered.

- Point scores: It's not a horrible issue, but I'd really like an option to turn off the points popping up on screen. I don't need that popping up or at least not right above my crosshairs.

- Killstreak perks: Does every game need to have special perks now?

- Matchmaking: Again, they took a good thing from Killzone 2 and removed it. We'll see how it goes once the game is out, but I'd much prefer being able to choose games and settings than using only matchmaking.

Also, why must they design their maps by putting the search and destroy objectives so close to the main spawn points?

Co-signed. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this way.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Most epic kz3 vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF2AqF1vjvw

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

the mose where it plays out cut scenes is an awsesome idea. the best thing about KZ3 is that the audio is absolutly incredible

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Pristine20 said:

Most epic kz3 vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF2AqF1vjvw

lol. In reality lag seems greatly reduced from KZ2.

Though there was this one guy that took two shots of my shotgun and a couple burts from a team mate to die.

i hate to do this but i'm not impressed with this COD L4D immitation of this game in beta form.

the first beta looked nothing like this, and the biggest question is why bring the scale of everything down? now that fits the COD brand spot on.

wht did the helghast and ISA do, stop eating, started fasting, went on diets? 

while the campaign looks great i wouldn't play this game online looking like it does in it current beta form.

Around the Network

Are any of you guys having trouble signing into the beta?

chris212223 said:

Are any of you guys having trouble signing into the beta?

I've only been able to play a few times and even then I'm lucky to get in and have to sit through so many attempts at connecting.

Pristine20 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Okay so far it's decent, but I'm not liking it as much as Killzone 2. Perhaps it's the things they changed that tried to make it more like Call of Duty which are off putting for me?

- Health and sprint: The reduced health and sprint is frustrating. Frankly, I liked the partial regenerating health and blood bag med packs in Killzone 2 more than this junk.

- Weapons: They've added more weapons, sure, but I don't care for amost every weapon having burst. I usually tap the fire button to do bursts on my own or to shoot one or two shots at a time. Unless I'm mistaken, it would be nice if you could get more weapons per class. I'd much rather have a full-auto normal Helghast/ISA assault rifle than the three round burst and silenced version other classes get. Speaking of which, why does the sniper class get the full-auto Helghast assault rifle?

- Brutal Melee: While it looks cool in singleplayer, this seems rather gimicky in multiplayer. I had a game where there were three or four brutal melee's in a row with the next person killing the previous. While melee in Killzone 2 was hit or miss, brutal melee instant kills are an overused feature. At least give it a certain chance of happening when you melee or perhaps only if you melee somebody from behind or something.

-Medic: I like to play medic because it's not always about getting kills, but supporting the team. Unlike Killzone 2 where you could take out your revive zapper and hit an ally from a short distance, you have to get right up next to your buddy and hit the left on the d-pad. Reviving freezes you in place and you'll end up dying just trying to pick up an ally.

- Infiltrator: It's like the issues above make the infiltrator class extremely overpowered.

- Point scores: It's not a horrible issue, but I'd really like an option to turn off the points popping up on screen. I don't need that popping up or at least not right above my crosshairs.

- Killstreak perks: Does every game need to have special perks now?

- Matchmaking: Again, they took a good thing from Killzone 2 and removed it. We'll see how it goes once the game is out, but I'd much prefer being able to choose games and settings than using only matchmaking.

Also, why must they design their maps by putting the search and destroy objectives so close to the main spawn points?

Co-signed. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this way.

Great, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking like that :P

Aldro said:

Muhaha Im loving it so far!

And im loving that sig of yours ;)

OT: multiplayer is great just a lot of connection issues lately =/

Multi has been horrible. can hardly log on. Am close to canceling my Ultimate edition Pre-order. If the open Beta is having this much trouble, I may just wait till they get the kinks worked out.