By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 Open Beta

Right now I can't connect to Multiplayer...The same with you? I am playing the european beta.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:

controls are very easy to manage. ive your having troubles lower the sensivity. its a shooter everything is repetitive. operations is also clustered buts thats the good thing about it(well in one area). people are still playing kz2 people wont get bored from it. what were you expecting from the beta? its a multiplayer beta with 1 map, and from what weve seen its not even the best map.

I've messed around with the sensitivity quite a lot. When I lower it, it becomes too slow and clunky like in Killzone 2. When I increase it, I can't control my aim or movements. There just doesn't seem to be a happy medium for me like there is in other shooters such as Resistance and Halo. I don't understand what you mean by "every shooter is repetitive" because every match I play in CoD or Halo feels like a new experience. I dunno why, but everything seems the same in this game. There are certain spots (at least in this map) where people always clutter up and the game just plays in those areas; it's nothing fresh. The gameplay is either really slow or really chaotic where you have Infiltrators running into the enemy spawn and trapping them with shotguns.

Maybe this game isn't for me. I hope it does well but 'll be looking forward to the Resistance 3 beta; hopefully I'll enjoy it more.

zgamer5 said:
evolution_1ne said:

a non stupid idea GG could have done with the spawns.

keep the fixed spawn ares as a primary spawning method, and kept the spawn nades for "precision spawning", it makes it so that if one team just so happens to own all fixed areas which happens more often than not say to...oh I don't know absolute shit map design, the other team doesn't have to worry about being spawn raped, because they have no way out of their spawn.

and to balance the nades have on the map only visible by tacticians areas where you could and couldn't put the spawn points, like the assassination areas except away from objectives.

but alas, GG is more into destroying all that killzone a unique experience, they're more likely to add killstreak rewards, and more perks

i only play operations and warzone but the spawns are good. i never got spaw trapped. a team has never all areas of a map. first of all the map is to big and 12 players on a team cant take all of it. second of all the action tends to get consetrated on one place you wont have people all over the map(unless theyr noobs).

the game has a sense of killstreak rewards, well theyr perks, but considering people get them by getting 1 or 2 kills then its nothing really.

96 kills after I capped ALL spawn points, and your right, M82 or STA 52 with faster reload and increased bullet damage= complete massacre for anyone not a noob.

that map is an illusion of big, harvest day in bad company 1 was big. spawn trapping is rather easy

this game is way to easy, I hate it, miss the challenge of KZ2

Killzone 3 map designs are not good at all. As for Radec Academy if you play that map without the Tactician it is truly amazing. Radec Academy is actually one of the most balanced maps I ever played online ever. However people just abused the spawn grenade which led to it being hated by some. I think Killzone 3 got way easier and actually dumber. Frozen Dam the helghast has a clear advantage. I've seen where in the beginning of the found if the helghast has a ton of sniper they can literally demolish the ISA from entering the main section of the map. Killzone 3 maps least the frozen damn plus the 2 in the beta are extremely unbalanced. I prefer Killzone 2 over 3 as of right now. We went from Unbalanced classes to unbalanced map designs.... very nice GG. 

Those who know nothing can understand nothing. 

Cirio said:
zgamer5 said:

controls are very easy to manage. ive your having troubles lower the sensivity. its a shooter everything is repetitive. operations is also clustered buts thats the good thing about it(well in one area). people are still playing kz2 people wont get bored from it. what were you expecting from the beta? its a multiplayer beta with 1 map, and from what weve seen its not even the best map.

I've messed around with the sensitivity quite a lot. When I lower it, it becomes too slow and clunky like in Killzone 2. When I increase it, I can't control my aim or movements. There just doesn't seem to be a happy medium for me like there is in other shooters such as Resistance and Halo. I don't understand what you mean by "every shooter is repetitive" because every match I play in CoD or Halo feels like a new experience. I dunno why, but everything seems the same in this game. There are certain spots (at least in this map) where people always clutter up and the game just plays in those areas; it's nothing fresh. The gameplay is either really slow or really chaotic where you have Infiltrators running into the enemy spawn and trapping them with shotguns.

Maybe this game isn't for me. I hope it does well but 'll be looking forward to the Resistance 3 beta; hopefully I'll enjoy it more.

things being clustered up depends on modes. if your playing warzone and operation then people will we playing the objective and people will be going towards a certain area. infiltrators are really easy  catch. when you pull your aim at them it becomes red. also theirs something called tactic and spawn points lets say your guarding points a and your spawn is behind it your not going to have an ally coming from the front.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
zgamer5 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

beta is broken , wtf always give error what lame servers !!!.

i don´t think i am getting this game anymore

im sure it has to do with your internet. happened to me until i fixed it.

damn peole over react to much.

i play all the other games fine, and i am not the only one complaining .

i had to download the beta two fucking times because the first time the data was corrupted, both downloads took me 15 hours.. then i had to wait 10 hours so i could connect do the god damn servors because of an error? do you see me constantly winning and giving up? no. i try and try again, you cant expect everything to work perfectly. also when you get an error you get a message telling you what to do, you should try that.

Admiral-Snake said:

Killzone 3 map designs are not good at all. As for Radec Academy if you play that map without the Tactician it is truly amazing. Radec Academy is actually one of the most balanced maps I ever played online ever. However people just abused the spawn grenade which led to it being hated by some. I think Killzone 3 got way easier and actually dumber. Frozen Dam the helghast has a clear advantage. I've seen where in the beginning of the found if the helghast has a ton of sniper they can literally demolish the ISA from entering the main section of the map. Killzone 3 maps least the frozen damn plus the 2 in the beta are extremely unbalanced. I prefer Killzone 2 over 3 as of right now. We went from Unbalanced classes to unbalanced map designs.... very nice GG.

the helghast dont have an advantage. first of all it depends on the mode. in operations when im isa i rush to the upper door and i place the charge before someone touches me. the same thing can be said when it comes to aquiring the first area to shut down the gas. then when the hacking is almost done i get into position right behind the gas then i rush and place two charges before an enemy shoots me. yes the helghast can stop me by playing the objective, but most peopl care about kills. sometimes the tactic works sometimes it doesnt.

evolution_1ne said:
zgamer5 said:
evolution_1ne said:

a non stupid idea GG could have done with the spawns.

keep the fixed spawn ares as a primary spawning method, and kept the spawn nades for "precision spawning", it makes it so that if one team just so happens to own all fixed areas which happens more often than not say to...oh I don't know absolute shit map design, the other team doesn't have to worry about being spawn raped, because they have no way out of their spawn.

and to balance the nades have on the map only visible by tacticians areas where you could and couldn't put the spawn points, like the assassination areas except away from objectives.

but alas, GG is more into destroying all that killzone a unique experience, they're more likely to add killstreak rewards, and more perks

i only play operations and warzone but the spawns are good. i never got spaw trapped. a team has never all areas of a map. first of all the map is to big and 12 players on a team cant take all of it. second of all the action tends to get consetrated on one place you wont have people all over the map(unless theyr noobs).

the game has a sense of killstreak rewards, well theyr perks, but considering people get them by getting 1 or 2 kills then its nothing really.

96 kills after I capped ALL spawn points, and your right, M82 or STA 52 with faster reload and increased bullet damage= complete massacre for anyone not a noob.

that map is an illusion of big, harvest day in bad company 1 was big. spawn trapping is rather easy

this game is way to easy, I hate it, miss the challenge of KZ2

its not the biggest map, and ofcourse you can spawn trap but it never happened to me. in warszone the spawns constantly change, and in operations people are playing the objective. im sure you can spawn trap in guerilla warfare but that depends if you make it their alive.

Try playing Warzone you will see exactly what I'm talking about. On operations the helghast do have the advantage. Since they're the ones defending and have a lot more cover then the ISA. If you have a helghast team that knows what they're doing, trust me it will end up being a bad game experience for the ones playing as the ISA. If you do it right the beginning of the round all the helghast has to do is spam grenades on the ISA in the beginning and you can basically get a couple of kills. 

Those who know nothing can understand nothing. 

It's Awesome honestly i don't know why people are winging, to me it seems heaps balanced, graphics are unbelievable, guns sound great, the upgrade system is much better in kz3 then kz2 imo new modes, i know theres not lots of new weapons but there is more and more variety so there should be no complaints about weapons

i agree that the menus look terrible & there could be more guns but it is only a beta and i'm lovin it.