By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 Open Beta

deskpro2k3 said:
ProdigyBam said:
KylieDog said:

After much playing I have concluded that map design blows and have all the problems seen in KZ2 maps, the class abilties have just got stupid, weapon balance is crap, spawncamping is just as bad as KZ2 and that GG have done nothing to fix the problem of people just going for kills in objective games and still scoring as high as the people who tried to follow the point of the game.

Crap.  GG seem to be all visuals and worthless when it comes to gameplay side of things.

Oh and they removed squad spawning, so game is just a cluster of random people.

Yeah, youre right, after playing the beta for a few hours (and now many people have different abilities)

some classes are just toooo good (saboteur) in warzone its much easier for the ISA side to make kills (unbalanced map) and its just fucking stupid, that a single shotgun shot can kill me when the guys 6 metres away, while the standard isa weapon (m82 or sumthing) takes a clip to kill someone and isnt accurate (it was much better in kz2)

sniper is overpowered, too, i mean, one shotkills its much easier to quickscope now

aaaaand what is the most annoying thing is that you cant throw spawn grenades anymore, doesnt make sense to spawn somewhere behind having to run 1 minute to get into the action and get killed by a single snipershot

and they could have at least let the not so much skilled players (under level 5) play with themselves in a server instead with the guys who have everything unlocked

bad decision GG...

i suggest you go post that on GG killzone 3 forum.

Done already, and ive added much more that i hate in the beta :/

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/WTF-Sony-GG/td-p/631443

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Around the Network

ISA has a huuuge advantige on this map...if you're playing as helghast you're most likely to lose

It's a double edge sword with spawn grenades. I do miss them though.

They were great because you could have a spawn point practically anywhere. However, it was annoying because many people wouldn't throw them well, shortly after you throw them the game resets all spawn grenades or they're used to spam an objective making an extremely small area (ex - the search and destroy rooms in Radec Academy) utter chaos.

are any of you guys playing with the move?

i am and its great, im doing very well (theres a slight learning curve) i have >1.6 KD

i dont not what sites like ign are talking about, move controls are great, its so easy to aim very quickly.

osamanobama said:

i am and its great, im doing very well (theres a slight learning curve) i have >1.6 KD

i dont not what sites like ign are talking about, move controls are great, its so easy to aim very quickly.

Yeah, I tried playing a few games online with it. I couldn't really get the hang of it, so I just went back to kicking ass the Dualshock.

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
osamanobama said:

Yeah, I tried playing a few games online with it. I couldn't really get the hang of it, so I just went back to kicking ass the Dualshock.

you should play botzone 1st with it. start on recruit and as you get better, crank up the difficulty.

its a lil hard at 1st but i (relatively) quickly got a hang of it. i actually feel like its more accurate, and very quick at aiming (i prefer it to the DS3) also try adjusting the settings, im still tweaking them, i havent got them perfectly to my liking yet. but for my 1st experience with a move game (other than sports champions) i think a 1.6 KD is preety good.

i feel like with more practice i can have a competative edge and advantage on the competition. (it has an aim assist one you can use during multiplayer and one only for campain, the one you can use on multiplayer helps)

I played it quite a bit last night. Got to rank 7. I like it.. but i'm also easily amused. I haven't played any other killzone games (Ive only owned a PS3 for about three months) but I watched the trailer for this and I think I'll be picking this up, mainly just for the campaign.

ocean-1984 said:
zgamer5 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
zgamer5 said:

damn you gg!!!!!!!!! spent the whole day downloading and fucking data corrupted.

its only 800 mg lol.....Either way what do you mean?

it took me 15 hours to download that! data corupted cant instal beta.

15h ?!

What speed internet do you have?

i live in a 3rd world country, nuff said.

i downloaded it at night and it installed :)

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

i havnt got a online game yet, i cant connect :(

So I've finally gotten to spend soem time with the beta, and it's so much better than the last!

• Much improved framerate.
  • Slightly improved graphics (the metal cargo crates seemed to have higher rez and brighter textures than before)
  • Improved bullet spread and recoil. I was getting owned with the SMG, while before I was sniping across the map with it. I didn't start playing decently until I unlocked the M82, as it should be, while before it seemed as if all the automatics were similarly effective in all situations.
  • The Tactician can use the M82 again!

In the end, I'd say the game is a big improvement over Killzone 2 in all but three areas:

• Player health is too low, so you die too quickly.
  • Sprint stamina is too low. Between this, the size of the maps, and the low health, you're probably gonna die before getting to any objective. It works for Guerrilla Warfare, but it inhibits proper strategy in Warzone.
  • Map design is confusing, unmemorable, and often unbalanced. They have nothing on maps like Salamun Market from Killzone 2.