By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 Open Beta

makingmusic476 said:

So I've finally gotten to spend soem time with the beta, and it's so much better than the last!

• Much improved framerate.
  • Slightly improved graphics (the metal cargo crates seemed to have higher rez and brighter textures than before)
  • Improved bullet spread and recoil. I was getting owned with the SMG, while before I was sniping across the map with it. I didn't start playing decently until I unlocked the M82, as it should be, while before it seemed as if all the automatics were similarly effective in all situations.
  • The Tactician can use the M82 again!

In the end, I'd say the game is a big improvement over Killzone 2 in all but three areas:

• Player health is too low, so you die too quickly.
  • Sprint stamina is too low. Between this, the size of the maps, and the low health, you're probably gonna die before getting to any objective. It works for Guerrilla Warfare, but it inhibits proper strategy in Warzone.
  • Map design is confusing, unmemorable, and often unbalanced. They have nothing on maps like Salamun Market from Killzone 2.

player health being low is way better. helps in operations. also helps you get sprays wich is good.

ive played a couple of matches and im starting to get the maps and damn the game is fun.

operations is the best mode!!!! mainly because it puts more action in a place and brings it very fast.

overall im loving it. good job gg.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
makingmusic476 said:

So I've finally gotten to spend soem time with the beta, and it's so much better than the last!

• Slightly improved graphics (the metal cargo crates seemed to have higher rez and brighter textures than before)
  • Improved bullet spread and recoil. I was getting owned with the SMG, while before I was sniping across the map with it. I didn't start playing decently until I unlocked the M82, as it should be, while before it seemed as if all the automatics were similarly effective in all situations.

In the end, I'd say the game is a big improvement over Killzone 2 in all but three areas:

• Sprint stamina is too low. Between this, the size of the maps, and the low health, you're probably gonna die before getting to any objective. It works for Guerrilla Warfare, but it inhibits proper strategy in Warzone.
  • Map design is confusing, unmemorable, and often unbalanced. They have nothing on maps like Salamun Market from Killzone 2.

player health being low is way better. helps in operations. also helps you get sprays wich is good.

ive played a couple of matches and im starting to get the maps and damn the game is fun.

operations is the best mode!!!! mainly because it puts more action in a place and brings it very fast.

It hinders Warzone, as the quickness with which death comes leads to people playing most rounds like Bodycount instead of thinking strategically.

Given Warzone was what made people love Killzone 2, that is surely not a good thing.

And there's only one map...

makingmusic476 said:
zgamer5 said:
makingmusic476 said:

It hinders Warzone, as the quickness with which death comes leads to people playing most rounds like Bodycount instead of thinking strategically.

Given Warzone was what made people love Killzone 2, that is surely not a good thing.

And there's only one map...

yeah i know. my favorite calsses are tactician and marksman

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I'm enjoying Medic a whole lot. With my flying robot following me around shooting at people, it also helps we find targets arcoss the map lol. Respawning on the spot after getting mortally wounded is nice too for revenge XD

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

a non stupid idea GG could have done with the spawns.

keep the fixed spawn ares as a primary spawning method, and kept the spawn nades for "precision spawning", it makes it so that if one team just so happens to own all fixed areas which happens more often than not say to...oh I don't know absolute shit map design, the other team doesn't have to worry about being spawn raped, because they have no way out of their spawn.

and to balance the nades have on the map only visible by tacticians areas where you could and couldn't put the spawn points, like the assassination areas except away from objectives.

but alas, GG is more into destroying all that killzone a unique experience, they're more likely to add killstreak rewards, and more perks

Around the Network

PSN: teamsuper985

Favorite class:Medic

Infiltrator is too good in Warzone that is ridiculous....

The turrets are a little better...

But Medic sux if you try to revive allies....They ressuscite pretty fast.

I enjoy Tacticioun. Unlocking spawn points it pretty nice. Too bad we can't have spawn grenades. lol

i had no idea that the beta was for everyone i thought it was for PSplus members! i tryed it with the move and it plays unbelieveably well! but the only problem i have is the same problem i had with KZ2 is that they dont give you enough bullets for your gun after you respawn

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

beta is broken , wtf always give error what lame servers !!!.

i don´t think i am getting this game anymore

Its a beta. The point in a beta is to fix broken stuff. you know?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5