By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's Financial Results for Oct-Dec 2010

Didnt Sony have any investor meeting after the results.? or is it only after the year end results are reported.?

and do Polyphony Digital update shipment numbers quarterly or yearly or on their own mood.?

Around the Network

Buyer Beware: PS3Breakˋs are NOT the same!

Because of the ongoing delays of the original PSJailbreak device, and the original high-price, and with the public release of PSGroove, the Chinese cloners have seized the hole left and have been flooding the market to fill the demand of the PS3 owners wanting to be able to jailbreak their PS3 consoles, at a low price, with their PS3BREAK devices, which have also being sold under the names of ""AmazeBREAK"", and ""USB-Break"", such as this http://www.ps3breakr4.com/ps3-break-v-12-power-switch-p-3.html 

BUT Buyer beware, the reason why the price has been dropping so fast on these PS3BREAK devices, is with the world-wide shortage of ATMEL chips, there is very few of the original devices which can be easy updated using your PC, when new versions of PSGroove or others have been released. 

As the stock has been arriving in the hands of the end-user now, it been found out there is TWO types of these BREAK devices, ones with the original ATMEL design that CAN BE UPGRADED with no problems, with just a push of the button, and installing the FLIP software! 

AND another newer cheaper design using the PIC micro-controller, and it seems these cheaper ones have NOT been flashed with a boot-loader, which means they are NOT UPGRADEABLE making the end-user stuck in having to buy more hardware and do some soldering if he wishes to update the device.

But the site I mentioned above is quite trustful, since my friend has bought one and it uses the original ATMEL.   

TheSource said:

Also, Sony doesn't seem to know how many PS2s it has shipped either!

* Dec 2008 Figures: 136.3m 1.4m 1.6m 1.9m 2.1m 1.7m 1.6m 1.5m 2.1m = 150.2m as of Dec 2010 (each small number is quarterly sales after the LTD total)

June 2009 Figures: 138.8m 1.9m 2.1m 1.7m 1.6m 1.5m 2.1m = 149.7m

Still, PS2 is over 150m shipped as of Jan 2011 - article is up.

Adding figures is never a failsafe with SCE, I'm pretty sure Sony has previously "adjusted" shipments in previous quarters to reallocate later.  

PS2 will never die!!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo