By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Wii 2 announced this year?

I can't make some clever posts like some people explaining why they think it will come out in X amount of time... But I personally feel like they're going to announce it next year. It doesn't seem to be a good time right now, with the 3DS coming out and there's still a lot of games to come out for the present Wii.

Around the Network

Like I said in another thread my money is on a Wii Slim this year. New Wii fall 2012 at the earliest possibly fall 2013. There is absolutely no reason for Nintendo to rush the launch of its new console but instead they should wait until their competitors move first. The Nintendo games are beating sells records after sells records on this platform and at the end of the day that's what really matters to Nintendo. It doesn't really matters if the Wii is not destroying the competition anymore: they have a huge installed base and they would be stupid to stop to take advantage of it anytime soon.

Here are the big guns they could use to keep the Wii alive until then though: Zelda of course, Wii Slim, DQX, Pokemon, Wii Relax, Yoshi's Island, price cut to 99$... With that (and of course a steady amont of less selling games including Pikmin, DKC2, New Miyamoto IP, localization of japanese games for the west, MH3G for Japan, Wii Music Plus...) I don't see why the Wii couldn't last easily two more years.

There would be no sense in announcing it this year. Why would Nintendo make the Wii Remote Plus, with packed-in motion plus? To play 1 year old games? FlyingSmash? I don't think so, they are preparing a big motion plus games pack at E3.

Above: still the best game of the year.

I'm thinking late 2012 or early 2013.

I think there's quite a good chance it will be announced at E3, but they won't go into detail. 3DS software, Skyward Sword and probably Pikmin Wii will get most of the attention at this year's conference.

Early 2012 seems likely in my opinion, with PS4/Xbox 3 following some six months later. Nintendo will be the first one to release their new console, that's for sure.

Around the Network

I still stand by my prediction which I have had for years. Nintendo will announce the next console at E3 2011, maybe not big like E3 2006, but remember E3 2005 Nintendo said the next gen was coming and revealed it was called project Revolution.

I expect a winter 2012 launch which means E3 2011 would be its first official mention. Now Nintendo could throw a huge unvieling like they did for Wii in 2006, or a small one like they did in 2005. But I think none the less the next Nintendo home console will be announced at this years E3!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It will be releasing in 2012 sometime, so no. E3 2012, to be released late 2012.

I expect a vague announcement this E3. Then next year we will get a full reveal and it will release late 2012.

They will focus on 3DS and Wii at this years E3 and show the next home console next E3 and release it at the end of 2012 or early 2013

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I think Nintendo will release their last big guns for Wii this year and officially announce Twii at E3 2012.