By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2. WTH happened???

@milkyjoe  IMHO thats why i use FPSs, especially the big ones BECAUSE they are casual. Games like Just Dance are about as casual as you can get and they do gangbusters, why cant COD do the same???? I only bring it up because people complain about "evil 3rd parties" not supporting WIi.  Theres a thread every other week about why this HD game is not on Wii and what not.  ME2 is a port, they generally never sell as well or higher than the original release, bar RE4 PS2&Wii editions and Okami Wii. Im talking straight up orginal games multiplats

Around the Network

@lordtheknight  oh come on man it wasnt THAT complex, I think it was just the addition of extra motion sensitivity that makes it feel like that. I for one welcome it. IMHO thats the way motion should play out, not all this on-rails crap we've been getting where the damn thing barely registers a movement. you might as well just plug up your classic controller. You dont get any immersion either way. I will agree on the sore part. You cant play that game too long, but you know what?? Screw it, America has weight issues anyway, some people could stand to use some kind of strenuous activity

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  oh come on man it wasnt THAT complex, I think it was just the addition of extra motion sensitivity that makes it feel like that. I for one welcome it. IMHO thats the way motion should play out, not all this on-rails crap we've been getting where the damn thing barely registers a movement. you might as well just plug up your classic controller. You dont get any immersion either way. I will agree on the sore part. You cant play that game too long, but you know what?? Screw it, America has weight issues anyway, some people could stand to use some kind of strenuous activity

No, I meant how the controls were done, not the Motion Plus. Pressing A and X at the same time to stop a sword swing is okay with buttons, but doing a swing with both the Wiimote and Nunchuck to block at a moment's notice is using a lot more body mass.

It's the square cube law. So making them work like buttons is too complex for whole arms, but are fine for thumbs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@lordtheknight  i know what your saying but i didnt find it complicated at all. you hold two buttons and you push forward, (you never swing both wiimote and nunchucks, dont know where your getting that), it uses more body mass. I guess but are people that weak and fragile that that is so strenuos??? But then again i exercise on a regular basis so maybe its not fair to judge my stamina level against the average person

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  i know what your saying but i didnt find it complicated at all. you hold two buttons and you push forward, (you never swing both wiimote and nunchucks, dont know where your getting that), it uses more body mass. I guess but are people that weak and fragile that that is so strenuos??? But then again i exercise on a regular basis so maybe its not fair to judge my stamina level against the average person

Yeah, I do need to work out more, and have something about that planned for later, but even when you work out, the way the game still works as though buttons=motions, instead of focusing on how you move the sword. A lot of the combos didn't even need Motion Plus, with the way they worked.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

i thought they did a good job of tracking the way the sword move, you slash up, slash down, horizontilly, it has been a while since ive played it, so maybe my memory is rusty

oniyide said:

i thought they did a good job of tracking the way the sword move, you slash up, slash down, horizontilly, it has been a while since ive played it, so maybe my memory is rusty

In basic movements, it works well, as you can generally control where you slash. But the special moves are often "press the button and slash the Wiimote in a certain direction", which even the Wiimote itself could do. So if the special moves were more like the basic moves, and not require rapid motions as much as precise motions, I would agree the game got a bum rap.

I'm hoping Skyward Sword gets the swordplay right.

i aint been dissopointed with a Zelda game yet, even Windwaker was good, so i have faith in Skyword Sword

here is my problem i used to play counter strike on the pc so every time i pick up a console controller to play a FPS it ends up being slow and sluggish with the controls. even halo 1,2,3 was really sluggish with me when i tried them. so ive decided if i ever try a FPS im gonna do it on the pc. and about your coment earlier about having a good single player would help out alot no matter what. i think that isnt true. how else would halo 2 have became so big if it wasnt for the multiplayer cause from what ive heard is that halo 2's single player really is horrible and short. 

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

oniyide said:

i aint been dissopointed with a Zelda game yet, even Windwaker was good, so i have faith in Skyword Sword

Hoping the control is good, but I did find Phantom Hourglass really annoying, namely the temple. Still haven't beaten the game because of that.

Back on topic, the game barely got any marketing, those that heard of it were likely put off by the last game, and those that liked the last game were put off by the lack of multiplayer.

This really boxed in the appeal.

I still bring up Goldeney, because despite the neglected Wii FPS audience, this is how you do it right.