By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
natureman3 said:
why can't i click on the wekkly us sales on the main page for the week ending dec 15th ?

The software is not added yet, so the weekly numbers do not show, I think ioi should open the page when he puts up hardware, thet way we can comment earlier like with "others" sales (which has a seperate page for country breakdown of hardware)
However, at the moment we have to wait till software is posted (probably later tonight) before we can comment.

Around the Network

This exact disparity between Wii and 360 is why I said voted for December to be the month when 360 beats Wii on a WW sales in THIS thread. However, even with the 360 selling 2x what the Wii could do, the Wii still beat it WW for the week. So, I think all of us who chose December will be wrong now. Wii, even supply constrained can't be beat. People are not going to stop hunting Wii's and settle for a 360/PS3. They will keep hunting. BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

EDIT: Fixed link to referenced thread. 

lol, I called this, and I heard several other people call it before it happend, how else would Nintendo be able to move what may be near 1 million units... I will be content to average this week and next week : )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

superchunk said:
This exact disparity between Wii and 360 is why I said voted for December to be the month when 360 beats Wii on a WW sales in THIS thread. However, even with the 360 selling 2x what the Wii could do, the Wii still beat it WW for the week. So, I think all of us who chose December will be wrong now. Wii, even supply constrained can't be beat. People are not going to stop hunting Wii's and settle for a 360/PS3. They will keep hunting. BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Yes this week proves Wii's victory is certain

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

tokilamockingbrd said:
lol, I called this, and I heard several other people call it before it happend, how else would Nintendo be able to move what may be near 1 million units... I will be content to average this week and next week : )

That's what should be done as it seems units that should have been sold this week will just be sold next week.

Hooray for video game doping.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

ouch! I hope the Wii will do a lot better next week.

ioi said:
Not so much retailer stockpiling just that many stores didn't get any Wiis last week and had a huge shipment (60-100 Wiis per store for most stores) on Sunday.

So the ~170k is pretty much stores selling what they had stockpiled from weeks before and a few getting new shipments but the last big boost before christmas came on Sunday. I only have early data at the moment but 600k+ does look likely as a heads up.

I had been calling my local Target for 2 weeks straight and they never got any shipments in. They got a big one in on Sunday (in the circular), but I got there 30 minutes before the opening and the line looked almost as large as Black Friday's line.  Nintendo finally got their shipments out.

ioi said:
Ok, let me clarify - Wii sales on Sunday 16th in NA were ~600k so Wii may outsell DS next week with a few more smaller shipments also arriving.

HOLY SHIZZNIT!!!   1.9 to 2.2 million dec Wii sales fo sho!!!

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Its kinda silly to rant about sales on a market by market basis. Laughing at the Wii for being 3rd in NA sales this week just invites Nintendo fans to point out they sold 3x the Wii's in Japan as PS3 and like 15x as many 360's. Really WW sales is what should be examined more closely, in which case it was a lot closer b/w the 3 consoles.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Besides, the real winner this week would be the DS, from the looks of it, it sold the combined total of ps3's, 360's and PSP's for the week.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.