By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I wonder what the next week Wii software sales will be...

Around the Network

Im pretty much sure this time, it has to do with low supply in WII consoles, check out the ridiculous high amount of sales with the WII in Europe. Count about 100.000 WII sales from Japan to it and you will get the same amount as last week.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Sqrl said:

jjseth said:
Is it really supply that hampered the Wii in the US? Or is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?

&
jjseth said:

the Wii will pick up sales as it was widely reported that stores were stockpiling Wii's for a big weekend sale.

Huh?

jjseth said:

I may have giggled softly to myself just to see what kind of reaction the Nintendo faithful would give and excuses why they sold less then both the 360 and PS3.

I don't really get joy in seeing Wii have poor sales, I get much more enjoyment out of seeing the meltdown of the Wii fanboys.

Oh so you were trolling, I see. Now it all makes perfect sense. Troll.

Oh, so if you don't like what is said you just label them as a "troll"?  I asked an open ended question to get feedback from people if it was just supply, a decline in interest, or stockpiling for a big sales weekend. 

You guys can dish it out all day, but you can't handle coming in last in America for one week even if it was supply related.

Your reply tells me one thing, and it makes perfect sense. You are a troll.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Wii and PS3 disappointed me this week.

i'm cool with Wii coming in third in NA, since next week it may be first, and it still won WW, just goes to show that PS3 and 360 will never overtake the Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Looks like the 360 may give the Wii a real run for the money for top sales for December, 700m Wii sales next week notwithstanding. 360 sales should also be up to probably 400m, and the following week, Wii's should be 3rd again with supply totally spent (unless we count vouchers) and 360 will have another strong week from last minute shoppers and Boxing Day sales.

360 may end up tops for December but it'll be close. PS3 will unfortunately lag well behind, despite increased numbers as well.

ioi said:
Ok, let me clarify - Wii sales on Sunday 16th in NA were ~600k so Wii may outsell DS next week with a few more smaller shipments also arriving.

Outsell DS?!

Is that legal? 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

jjseth said:
I noticed that as well. Is it really supply that hampered the Wii in the US? Or is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?

Are you that dense or are you that desperate to believe what you wish to be true?

OMG -- Wii sales down for a week during heavily-supply constrained season where retailers are selling Wii bundles for $500+ and ebay/craigslist resellers are getting $200 above retail.  I think the end of the Wii demand has finally come and now everyone can just forget it existed.

It *never* works that way with a product this big.  Never.  The demand has been doing nothing but increasing.  Talk to any retailer and they'll tell you that Wii demand is higher than ever. 

well, ps3 sales are not that stellar comparing to the 360, it's direct competitor. It couldn't break the 200k on the busiest week.
360 will oustsold ps3 ww once again this week.

jjseth said:
Sqrl said:

jjseth said:
Is it really supply that hampered the Wii in the US? Or is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?

&
jjseth said:

the Wii will pick up sales as it was widely reported that stores were stockpiling Wii's for a big weekend sale.

Huh?

jjseth said:

I may have giggled softly to myself just to see what kind of reaction the Nintendo faithful would give and excuses why they sold less then both the 360 and PS3.

I don't really get joy in seeing Wii have poor sales, I get much more enjoyment out of seeing the meltdown of the Wii fanboys.

Oh so you were trolling, I see. Now it all makes perfect sense. Troll.

Oh, so if you don't like what is said you just label them as a "troll"? I asked an open ended question to get feedback from people if it was just supply, a decline in interest, or stockpiling for a big sales weekend.

You guys can dish it out all day, but you can't handle coming in last in America for one week even if it was supply related.

Your reply tells me one thing, and it makes perfect sense. You are a troll.

OMG! You look like this?