By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't think it's a surprise given the Wii supply issues, but 174k Wii to 330k 360 is a much larger gap (156k) than I would have expected, almost double. And the PS3 continues to surge as well...

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
ioi said:
Wii sales are already well over 700k for next week so don't worry too much

that sounds as if it is gonna rise?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Grey Acumen said:
ioi said:

aha! that proves that this site has a bias in Nintendo's favor!!!!!1

This is from the "whos a fanboy of what?" thread

4 - Sony

11 - Nintendo

1 - Microsoft

0 - Sony + Microsoft

1 - Nintendo + Microsoft

2 - Nintendo + Sony

7- All three

2 - PC

0 - None

4 - Girls

1- Free Talk Live (+)

definate ninty bias

ioi said:

NA or WW? Big difference =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
jjseth said:
The PS3 numbers could be due to some people taking their time with picking up their gifts knowing that they are well within stock and can pick one up this week without a gamble to see if they can find one. This current week should see a big uptick in sales for all consoles as it's getting close to Xmas, only 1 week left. Some may have been waiting to see if there would be any sort of last minute Xmas sale or pack in that they can take advantage of.

We'll see what next week brings. That said, how many of you are shocked that the Wii pulled in 3rd place this week in America?

Combine this with your previous post in this thread and I have to tell you, you are quickly passing leo-j as the PS3 fanboy with the most idiotic posts.

WHY would things be so divided between people buy 360s as holiday gifts and PS3s as holiday gifts?  You have to consider that the majority of console sales this time of year are being done so as gifts.  Why in the world would any one wait around and risk NOT getting the gift they intend to for their child/friend/spouse/etc.

Is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?  Are you serious?  Do you realy think that suddenly, people just don't want the Wii any more, and right at Christmas none the less.

THINK! think think think!

Lord and baby Jesus.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

I believe Ioi is tracking next weeks numbers and the Wii (next week meaning this week) and the Wii has already sold a large amount......

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Sqrl said:
ioi said:

probably WW, else JL's prediction is coming true afterall.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ioi said:

O U C H

It's obvious that this is because supply constrains. Nintendo REALLY needs to hire more manufacturers or move to 55nm or something! 

jjseth said:
The PS3 numbers could be due to some people taking their time with picking up their gifts knowing that they are well within stock and can pick one up this week without a gamble to see if they can find one. This current week should see a big uptick in sales for all consoles as it's getting close to Xmas, only 1 week left. Some may have been waiting to see if there would be any sort of last minute Xmas sale or pack in that they can take advantage of.

We'll see what next week brings. That said, how many of you are shocked that the Wii pulled in 3rd place this week in America?

Not surprised it came in thrid, I was expecting that, what surprises me is that its less than in others

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Sqrl said:
ioi said:

The NA explosion

I bet JJseth was jumping up and down at the Wii numbers until ioi came in 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)