By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ioi said:
Ok, let me clarify - Wii sales on Sunday 16th in NA were ~600k so Wii may outsell DS next week with a few more smaller shipments also arriving.

muahaha....oh pardon me.

Those are some nice numbers =) 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
CrashMan said:

Combine this with your previous post in this thread and I have to tell you, you are quickly passing leo-j as the PS3 fanboy with the most idiotic posts.

WHY would things be so divided between people buy 360s as holiday gifts and PS3s as holiday gifts?  You have to consider that the majority of console sales this time of year are being done so as gifts.  Why in the world would any one wait around and risk NOT getting the gift they intend to for their child/friend/spouse/etc.

Is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?  Are you serious?  Do you realy think that suddenly, people just don't want the Wii any more, and right at Christmas none the less.

THINK! think think think!

Lord and baby Jesus.

Hmmm so I'm a PS3 fanboy who also owns a 360?  I'm a technophile and really get behind the systems that offer the most bang, regardless of cost.   That's probably why I look forward to upgrading my computer every year to the newest, latest, and greatest out there.   Idiotic because I asked a open ended question on the low sales numbers of the Wii?  I wanted to get the general thinking of this site on why the sales were so low and threw out a hypothetical question.   Then again, with you passing Soriku as the Wii fanboy with the most.... oh heck, I won't go there, you can fill in the blanks.

I never said that the 360 would fall or do poorly in sales for the rest of xmas.  I expect them to pick up a few more sales this week as well as all of the consoles.   I really don't see any console less then 300k in America for the current week and know that the Wii will pick up sales as it was widely reported that stores were stockpiling Wii's for a big weekend sale.

In regards to why people wait, it's easy.  Deals.   If there was a supply issue (like the Wii) they wouldn't wait around.  But in the cases where there is plenty of stock, they may take their time to see if they get more BD movies, or a game for free or a gift card for a store by waiting till the last week.  That applies to both the 360 and PS3, but not the Wii because of it literally selling out this holiday season and they'd risk not getting the Wii if they waited around longer.

Also with the PS3 and 360 (premium and elite) being more expensive, some consumers may want to wait to hope they can hold off putting the purchase on their credit card till the last moment so they can save some interest on the purchase or wait another 20-30 days to pay on it depending on when their statement comes for their card.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Ioi...

If that data is even remotely accurate... that's simply monstrous. No wonder we're seeing a downturn in sales then... that absolutely reeks of retailer stockpiling. Kind of scary actually...

RSEagle said:
I didn't see anyone post on this yet, so if there is one, sorry. 360 pushes well over 300,000 in NA while Ps3 does almost 200k! And I'm pretty sure this is the first time they both beat Wii in NA, Nintendo's constrained supply is really taking its toll.

good thread, next time pick a more descriptive title.

Avinash_Tyagi said:

I bet JJseth was jumping up and down at the Wii numbers until ioi came in 

Ummm no.  I didn't.  I may have giggled softly to myself just to see what kind of reaction the Nintendo faithful would give and excuses why they sold less then both the 360 and PS3.

I don't really get joy in seeing Wii have poor sales, I get much more enjoyment out of seeing the meltdown of the Wii fanboys.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

I wonder how Uncharted sold?

And yeah, the PS3 is sucking hard in the US...

jjseth said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

I bet JJseth was jumping up and down at the Wii numbers until ioi came in 

Ummm no.  I didn't.  I may have giggled softly to myself just to see what kind of reaction the Nintendo faithful would give and excuses why they sold less then both the 360 and PS3.

I don't really get joy in seeing Wii have poor sales, I get much more enjoyment out of seeing the meltdown of the Wii fanboys.

Well considerin Wii still won WW sales there is no meltdown, even with Wii supply constrained MS and Sony couldn't capitalize

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

jjseth said:
Is it really supply that hampered the Wii in the US? Or is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?

&
jjseth said:

the Wii will pick up sales as it was widely reported that stores were stockpiling Wii's for a big weekend sale.

Huh?

jjseth said:

I may have giggled softly to myself just to see what kind of reaction the Nintendo faithful would give and excuses why they sold less then both the 360 and PS3.

Oh so you were trolling, I see. Now it all makes perfect sense. Troll.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Great strategy from Nintendo - holding back and creating excitement and desire for Wii. 600k in one day?
Great for PS3, for me at least, I'm planning to get PS3 when they drop the price next year - it might come soon enough. ($299?)
Great for X360 - this is the most sales I've seen for 360. I was looking for X360 Pro yesterday, and Best Buys, Walmart and Gamestop didn't have any - and no RockBand either. I think 360 will have another great numbers next week.

Sqrl said:

jjseth said:
Is it really supply that hampered the Wii in the US? Or is this a sign of things to come for the Wii?

&
jjseth said:

the Wii will pick up sales as it was widely reported that stores were stockpiling Wii's for a big weekend sale.

Huh?

Well spotted :D

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957