By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My friend freaks out when he finds out Mass Effect 2 is on PS3

What a hilarious day! As you very well know from the topic a friend of mine from the Animation department ( in my school) just found out that Mass Effect 2 came out on the PS3. This was soon after I posted that I was using the Collector Armor. He screamed to the heavens "Damn Sony!" I told him that he's blowing a gasket over nothing. He thought the Collector Armor was exclusive to the PS3 when he hasn't played or purchased all of the DLC yet. He goes into a rant about how Sony is evil, so I hold off on telling him that all consoles and PC have the Collector armor to humor myself. Eventually I leave my Facebook and come back to see all of my gamer friends ( even the 360 , PS3, wii and PC fanboys) all my friends realize he's bashing the PS3 for no reason and have to systematically explain to him that Microsoft made the mistake of not buying Bioware when they were warned to. EA bought Bioware and basically put the game on the PS3 regardless of what Bioware might of though. They really didn't seem angry about it to me, but my friend irritated. "WHY DOES PS3 TAKE ALL THE GAMES!?" Everyone else replied......." Because Microsoft never secures them or has any titles outside of Forza, Gear or Halo. He basically threatened to quit gaming because Microsoft lost the best franchise on the system to him. I agreed that I kept buying 360's only for the Mass Effect franchise and I have no interest in a 360 any longer. 

To make a long story short, eventually the poor sap lost his mind and made the mistake of saying the 360 had all the games anyway and the PS3 had no games (Yes...the dead 2006-2007 argument....may it r.i.p.). My friends all verbally raped him and told him he was the worst 360 fan boy ever. Great animator...crappy at keeping up with gaming when he talks in manner as if he does keep up. He freaked out when all my friends told him how many exclusives were on the PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP2, PSP and then proceeded to let him know how many exclusives the 360 had this year. LOL!

P.S.

I like sharing my gaming moments with you guys. I ended up having to take off my post from my  face book before it scared the chicks off.

Around the Network

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

"WHY DOES PS3 TAKE ALL THE GAMES!?" Well it only takes everything even the best there is in gaming!

Ldn.se said:

"WHY DOES PS3 TAKE ALL THE GAMES!?" Well it only takes everything even the best there is in gaming!

lol that comment made me lol. lol you know?

I find it hilarious that people keep insisting Microsoft should've bought BioWare.

A) They weren't worth the money EA bought them for.

B) Their games don't sell enough to make a huge difference anyway.

and...

C) lol at Old Republic costs

EDIT: btw, is there a point to this thread other than "haha, 360 doesn't have as many exclusives as the other consoles?" If not, I don't know why I bothered commenting.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if you can buy the collector armor/weapon for the 360. It was included with the Collector's Edition though. My CE came with the dl code included. I'm not sure about the PC version though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

themanwithnoname said:

I find it hilarious that people keep insisting Microsoft should've bought BioWare.

and...

EDIT: btw, is there a point to this thread other than "haha, 360 doesn't have as many exclusives as the other consoles?" If not, I don't know why I bothered commenting.

Wait. Isn't your law backwards? Doesn't the probability of the comment "America =/= the world" approach 1 as a NPD thread gets longer? Or is it the sarcastic sort of comment like "right, because America = the world" that you're law is referring to?

As to the topic. Yeah, well one blow up/meltdown because of ME2 going to PS3 =/= the meltdowns about Final Fantasy XIII going (simultaneos release in the west) multi.

As to the Bioware purchase thing: perhaps Microsoft thought that by owning most of the rights to ME1 they pretty much had the whole franchise sown up even with Bioware going to a multiplat publishing house. Obviously if they made such an assumption they were a little naive. OTOH if they weren't fussed about ME going bi-console because on console they will always own the definitive franchise it kinda diminished the attractiveness of buying the whole company.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What a hilarious day! As you very well know from the topic a friend of mine from the Animation department ( in my school) just found out that Mass Effect 2 came out on the PS3. This was soon after I posted that I was using the Collector Armor. He screamed to the heavens "Damn Sony!" I told him that he's blowing a gasket over nothing. He thought the Collector Armor was exclusive to the PS3 when he hasn't played or purchased all of the DLC yet. He goes into a rant about how Sony is evil, so I hold off on telling him that all consoles and PC have the Collector armor to humor myself. Eventually I leave my Facebook and come back to see all of my gamer friends ( even the 360 , PS3, wii and PC fanboys) all my friends realize he's bashing the PS3 for no reason and have to systematically explain to him that Microsoft made the mistake of not buying Bioware when they were warned to. EA bought Bioware and basically put the game on the PS3 regardless of what Bioware might of though. They really didn't seem angry about it to me, but my friend irritated. "WHY DOES PS3 TAKE ALL THE GAMES!?" Everyone else replied......." Because Microsoft never secures them or has any titles outside of Forza, Gear or Halo. He basically threatened to quit gaming because Microsoft lost the best franchise on the system to him. I agreed that I kept buying 360's only for the Mass Effect franchise and I have no interest in a 360 any longer. 

To make a long story short, eventually the poor sap lost his mind and made the mistake of saying the 360 had all the games anyway and the PS3 had no games (Yes...the dead 2006-2007 argument....may it r.i.p.). My friends all verbally raped him and told him he was the worst 360 fan boy ever. Great animator...crappy at keeping up with gaming when he talks in manner as if he does keep up. He freaked out when all my friends told him how many exclusives were on the PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP2, PSP and then proceeded to let him know how many exclusives the 360 had this year. LOL!

P.S.

I like sharing my gaming moments with you guys. I ended up having to take off my post from my  face book before it scared the chicks off.

The best part is that he contradicts himself:

"WHY DOES PS3 TAKE ALL THE GAMES!?"

"PS3 has no games..."

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Lulz.

Above: still the best game of the year.

themanwithnoname said:

and...

Actually, I have a reason for posting because of the experience. As I said, all of my friends with participated because it was just a stupid argument. He turned it into a console war once we explained that the loss of Bioware was no ones fault but Microsoft's. All my friends on Facebook are still saying it was stupid.