By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My friend freaks out when he finds out Mass Effect 2 is on PS3

Mmm, I can't be happier about how the tables have turned ;)

Around the Network
oniyide said:

just because it seems that MS is not getting its ass kissed like it did in the earlier days of 360 doesnt mean there losing support. You cant moneyhat forever. I mean its not like the WIi where there getting ass loads of exercise games and not kind of quaility core games to even things out.

MS wasn't getting it's ass kicked in the early days. It was kicking Sony's ass. Sony's returning it ten fold because of their dependence on first party.

NotStan said:
DarkintheLight said:
indodude said:
DarkintheLight said:
themanwithnoname said:

I find it hilarious that people keep insisting Microsoft should've bought BioWare.

A) They weren't worth the money EA bought them for.

B) Their games don't sell enough to make a huge difference anyway.

and...

C) lol at Old Republic costs

EDIT: btw, is there a point to this thread other than "haha, 360 doesn't have as many exclusives as the other consoles?" If not, I don't know why I bothered commenting.

Even so MS really needs more studios, right now they just don't have the manpower to make alot of exclusives and it's showing now that it's losing 3rd party support 

I don't know why I'm bothering quoting this, but please enlighten me. >_>

Bungie and Gears are going multiplat, valve no longer backs 360 over ps3 (quite the opposite now it seems for future releases), Mistwalker hasn't worked for them in ages pretty much all their 3rd party affiliates are going multiplat and multiplats are more even now instead of favoring 360, more and more games are getting ported to ps3, Dead rising 2 was multiplat, well you get the picture 

Are you serious? Losing 3rd party support would imply that those games are becoming exclusive to PS3 or the Wii. That's what losing 3rd party support means, what you meant to say is they're losing exclusive games that are supported by 3rd parties? Any surprise? No. Because that makes perfect business sense, when the game industry is not growing at such a big rate the developers must do everything in their power to keep their companies going and that is exactly what they're doing.

dont act like an idiot. you know that hes taking exclusive wise.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

NotStan said:
DarkintheLight said:
indodude said:
DarkintheLight said:
themanwithnoname said:

I find it hilarious that people keep insisting Microsoft should've bought BioWare.

A) They weren't worth the money EA bought them for.

B) Their games don't sell enough to make a huge difference anyway.

and...

C) lol at Old Republic costs

EDIT: btw, is there a point to this thread other than "haha, 360 doesn't have as many exclusives as the other consoles?" If not, I don't know why I bothered commenting.

Even so MS really needs more studios, right now they just don't have the manpower to make alot of exclusives and it's showing now that it's losing 3rd party support 

I don't know why I'm bothering quoting this, but please enlighten me. >_>

Bungie and Gears are going multiplat, valve no longer backs 360 over ps3 (quite the opposite now it seems for future releases), Mistwalker hasn't worked for them in ages pretty much all their 3rd party affiliates are going multiplat and multiplats are more even now instead of favoring 360, more and more games are getting ported to ps3, Dead rising 2 was multiplat, well you get the picture 

Are you serious? Losing 3rd party support would imply that those games are becoming exclusive to PS3 or the Wii. That's what losing 3rd party support means, what you meant to say is they're losing exclusive games that are supported by 3rd parties? Any surprise? No. Because that makes perfect business sense, when the game industry is not growing at such a big rate the developers must do everything in their power to keep their companies going and that is exactly what they're doing.

I think what he means is that a lot of important companies are no longer finding it in their best interest to be exclusive with Microsoft when they could go multiplat (and make more) or in the case of Japanese audience centric companies, focus on Sony and Nintendo.

huaxiong90 said:
stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

Okay, I've seen meltdowns on the internet, and really bad ones too.

But IRL, I've yet to meet a true blind fanboy.

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

Well, I had console fanboys in mind, but this is an exception, so yeah.

most fanboys are kids, and most of those kids are american or from the uk, are you friends with such people?

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
huaxiong90 said:
stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

most fanboys are kids, and most of those kids are american or from the uk, are you friends with such people?

I dunno about that. Most fanboys exist anywhere one feels blindly one sided between multiple brands.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zgamer5 said:
huaxiong90 said:
stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

I dunno about that. Most fanboys exist anywhere one feels blindly one sided between multiple brands.

then i have to add english speaking!

zgamer5 said:
huaxiong90 said:
stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

IRL, I'm only friends with people 18 and above these days. So exclude the kids part.

But friends from the UK and US? Plenty.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

zgamer5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zgamer5 said:
huaxiong90 said:
stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

then i have to add english speaking!

Heh...there are plenty of fanboys in non-English speaking European countries and in Asia as well. I've been to Spain to see my family many times and I can attest to this. European bias is a blind bias, because they just don't notice their doing it even though a lot of the things they say are very logical. 

huaxiong90 said:
zgamer5 said:
huaxiong90 said:
stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

IRL, I'm only friends with people 18 and above these days. So exclude the kids part.

But friends from the UK and US? Plenty.

thats why you dont see fanboys. also most of them tell people that theyr going to get t bagged off xbl or psn