By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My friend freaks out when he finds out Mass Effect 2 is on PS3

M.U.G.E.N said:

lol that was actually rather funny :D thanks for sharing

didn't have anything similar happen irl this end in a while...recently tho one guy debated with me non-stop that modnation Racers was also on the 360 cuz he saw it being played on one at Best buy -_-

Np bro. Your story reminds me of this one chick who was so happy that Shadow of the Colossus was going HD and said she was going to get it on the 360. I told her it was on the PS3 and Sony owns Team ICO. She felt so bad she bought a 360 after that because she only bought it for Fable 3 after I told her more games existing or coming out with her taste can be found either on the PSP, DS, Wii or PS3.

Around the Network
Aion said:

Such foolish things, Mass Effect 2 is a good thing on the PS3. Plus it was Biowares choice and a new fanbase.

It was EA's choice, not Biowares. Bioware was open to expanding to new hardware though. Bioware stayed true to their promise to Microsoft, but eventually it was out of their hands.

DarkintheLight said:
themanwithnoname said:

I find it hilarious that people keep insisting Microsoft should've bought BioWare.

A) They weren't worth the money EA bought them for.

B) Their games don't sell enough to make a huge difference anyway.

and...

C) lol at Old Republic costs

EDIT: btw, is there a point to this thread other than "haha, 360 doesn't have as many exclusives as the other consoles?" If not, I don't know why I bothered commenting.

Even so MS really needs more studios, right now they just don't have the manpower to make alot of exclusives and it's showing now that it's losing 3rd party support 

I don't know why I'm bothering quoting this, but please enlighten me. >_>

Squilliam said:

My friend drank 400ml of Gin in about 10 seconds and it took him about 20 seconds more to coma. I don't consider your story to be as impressive.

Anyway as far as im concerned anyone who whines about exclusivity is in dire need of a life. All that really matters is good content and good content does not become great content when it becomes exclusive and great content isn't only merely good content when it goes multiplatform.

You're right, that story is much more impressive!

If that had happened to a franchise like Mass Effect, I can't imagine the meltdowns when FFXIII went multiplat!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

vr6GOLFr32 said:

I've ran into some nasty fanboys myself. I know this could sound fanboyish of me to say, but in MY opinion, 360 fanboys tend to be the worst of them all.

Go ahead, flame me, i'm waiting for it.

I lol'd.

Around the Network
indodude said:
DarkintheLight said:
themanwithnoname said:

I find it hilarious that people keep insisting Microsoft should've bought BioWare.

and...

EDIT: btw, is there a point to this thread other than "haha, 360 doesn't have as many exclusives as the other consoles?" If not, I don't know why I bothered commenting.

Even so MS really needs more studios, right now they just don't have the manpower to make alot of exclusives and it's showing now that it's losing 3rd party support 

Bungie and Gears are going multiplat, valve no longer backs 360 over ps3 (quite the opposite now it seems for future releases), Mistwalker hasn't worked for them in ages pretty much all their 3rd party affiliates are going multiplat and multiplats are more even now instead of favoring 360, more and more games are getting ported to ps3, Dead rising 2 was multiplat, well you get the picture 

DarkintheLight said:
indodude said:
DarkintheLight said:
themanwithnoname said:

and...

Bungie and Gears are going multiplat, valve no longer backs 360 over ps3 (quite the opposite now it seems for future releases), Mistwalker hasn't worked for them in ages pretty much all their 3rd party affiliates are going multiplat and multiplats are more even now instead of favoring 360, more and more games are getting ported to ps3, Dead rising 2 was multiplat, well you get the picture 

Are you serious? Losing 3rd party support would imply that those games are becoming exclusive to PS3 or the Wii. That's what losing 3rd party support means, what you meant to say is they're losing exclusive games that are supported by 3rd parties? Any surprise? No. Because that makes perfect business sense, when the game industry is not growing at such a big rate the developers must do everything in their power to keep their companies going and that is exactly what they're doing.

just because it seems that MS is not getting its ass kissed like it did in the earlier days of 360 doesnt mean there losing support. You cant moneyhat forever. I mean its not like the WIi where there getting ass loads of exercise games and not kind of quaility core games to even things out.

NotStan said:
DarkintheLight said:
indodude said:
DarkintheLight said:
themanwithnoname said:

and...

Are you serious? Losing 3rd party support would imply that those games are becoming exclusive to PS3 or the Wii. That's what losing 3rd party support means, what you meant to say is they're losing exclusive games that are supported by 3rd parties? Any surprise? No. Because that makes perfect business sense, when the game industry is not growing at such a big rate the developers must do everything in their power to keep their companies going and that is exactly what they're doing.

3rd parties are supporting them less then they used to, how is that not losing 3rd party support, you're thinking of losing 3rd party suporters

stopstopp said:
huaxiong90 said:

Okay, I've seen meltdowns on the internet, and really bad ones too.

But IRL, I've yet to meet a true blind fanboy.

This is just sad.

My friend defends Vista

Is that enough?

Well, I had console fanboys in mind, but this is an exception, so yeah.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!