By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The thing that makes the NGP "miles" better than the 3DS

RCTjunkie said:

I've been happy with one penis my whole life.

I've been happy with one analog stick my whole life.

A second penis won't make me  better man.

A second analog stick won't make it better hardware.

Maybe i've read way too much hentai, but there are... uses for that sort of thing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
RCTjunkie said:

I've been happy with one penis my whole life.

I've been happy with one analog stick my whole life.

A second penis won't make me  better man.

A second analog stick won't make it better hardware.

Maybe i've read way too much hentai, but there are... uses for that sort of thing

Like penis nipples.

Seems like a lot of Nintendo fans are just trying to justify the 3DS's exclusion of a 2nd analog stick.  I bet those same people would be praising Nintendo if it were the other way around and Nintendo had the 2nd analog, while Sony stuck with just one.  Actually, I know that for a fact so it would be a safe bet.  Also, where is the ridicule for Nintendo switching to dual analog for the Gamecube?  Or for the Wii  Classic Controller for that matter?  The fact is, dual analog is an excellent way to control the character's and camera's movement simultaneously, while still mantaining a comfortable grip on the controller and having quick access to the face/shoulder buttons.  Sony knew this when they designed it.  And MS and Nintendo knew this when they emulated it.

A second stick is a good think, but it is not enough to make the NPG better than the 3DS, games are the key for any gaming machine (Portables/Consoles)... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

thismeintiel said:

Seems like a lot of Nintendo fans are just trying to justify the 3DS's exclusion of a 2nd analog stick.  I bet those same people would be praising Nintendo if it were the other way around and Nintendo had the 2nd analog, while Sony stuck with just one.  Actually, I know that for a fact so it would be a safe bet.  Also, where is the ridicule for Nintendo switching to dual analog for the Gamecube?  Or for the Wii  Classic Controller for that matter?  The fact is, dual analog is an excellent way to control the character's and camera's movement simultaneously, while still mantaining a comfortable grip on the controller and having quick access to the face/shoulder buttons.  Sony knew this when they designed it.  And MS and Nintendo knew this when they emulated it.

I'm wondering if you've ever played a PSP in your life, since the placement of the nub was pretty poor and did not work well for stability or ergonomics, IE it's hard for subtle movements and hurts your hand after playing for so long, which is why you can buy custom grips and sticks for the PSP... it was a big enough problem third parties made money off of it... and the NGP puts the nubs in the same place...  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

The PSP nub had a lot less to do with the placement and a whole lot more to do with the "sliding disk" design, which was just bad.

If anyone wanted to bring ergnomics into a handheld discussion, they should probably start with the DS line and its hard edges and block-like form.

Seeing as how no one has used the NGP for any extended period of time, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I do in terms of ergonomics. As for the thumbsticks, they look like thumbsticks that pivot off one axis like a regular stick and early reports from those who used them have already gone on record as saying they feel great to use.

Ergonomically, the NGP will likely be the most comfortable handheld as it was designed contoured with smooth edges to conform to the hand, complete down to finger wells on the back for grip.

radiantshadow92 said:

Now, i'm not buying either at this point. Both software listing are weak for me on either systems for now. If we are talking hardware though, there is a HUGE thing the 3DS is missing.

Did we forget what paved the way for the psOne/Two?

DUAL ANALOG STICKS

This is the first real gen when Sony has opposition using dual analog sticks, and look! They losing! Dual analog change the way we play, by being able to control the fucking annoying camera on the screen! Imagine! Playing God of war with a roll stick! 

Just saying guys. Dual analog sticks, Rule.

I agree. I really could not understand why the psp only came with one. I would of liked mine better with two. Hopefully the ngp gets low in price quick so i can buy it.

radiantshadow92 said:
Xephonai said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Now, i'm not buying either at this point. Both software listing are weak for me on either systems for now. If we are talking hardware though, there is a HUGE thing the 3DS is missing.

Did we forget what paved the way for the psOne/Two?

DUAL ANALOG STICKS

This is the first real gen when Sony has opposition using dual analog sticks, and look! They losing! Dual analog change the way we play, by being able to control the fucking annoying camera on the screen! Imagine! Playing God of war with a roll stick!

Just saying guys. Dual analog sticks, Rule.

I think 1 stick tough screen is better than 2 sticks. I can see better responses especially from FPS. But who knows

Wait wha? So you think having 1 stick is better than 2 sticks?

Depends on the genre. Touch screen simulates mouse control on DS FPS's, and that's a better control method than dual analogs, at least I find it much more accurate and quicker to point.

Mr Khan said:
IMU1808 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
IMU1808 said:

I don't understand your comment about God of War. The series has always had an excellent FIXED camera with the second analogue being used just for dodging. Something that was handled perfectly well on the PSP versions.

EDIT: I really don't know why the gamer has to control the camera if the game isn't a shooter, racer, or open world game in which case it's expected.

It was handled well on the PSP, but not perfect. Imagine Demon's souls on the go, the possibilities are endless. I can go on with a list of software.

Demon's Souls is probably the last game most people would think of when it comes to portable game. That's something you really have to put hours into to really enjoy.  While it's good to haveo options for deeper experiences, the focus should be on more pick up and play friendly games and you'd usually think of more fixed camera games when it comes to that. You also wouldn't think of games with a lot of controls. 

LBP for example uses all the buttons on the controller but to really enjoy it all you need is 4 directional movement and 3 buttons: Grab, Jump and a menu button.  

High-hours-investment games have thrived on portables for decades, Pokemon being the biggest example, and Monster Hunter sealing the argument on PSP

Perhaps I should have explained this a bit better. Pokemon can still be a very simple game. It's easy to learn, easy to play and you really choose how deep you want the game to be for you. You can stop playing at any time and save when ever you like. Returning to the game, you're free to look around, and figure where you left of no problem.

Monster hunter forces a bit of a deeper experience on you but sets time limits on how long each mission is. It's still a game that designed for relative short bursts. 

Demon's Souls forces a very deep, time consuming and challenging experience on you. While there is a very good auto-save, launching the game in one of the various worlds can get you killed pretty easily if you're not fully aware of where you left and you don't have a good memory of where your enemies are still alive. This especially goes for world 3. I just don't see it as an experience one can fully enjoy on the go like you can with Pokemon or Monster Hunter. A lot of mechanics would have to change for it to work as well as those equally time consuming experiences.

disolitude said:

The moment you're playing a game that needs 2 analog stick, youre not playing a very good portable game but a wannabie console game.

Also 3DS has 2 analog inputs...touch screen and analog stick.

So I disagree.

The bolded

Although a second analog stick may be a nice feature, it is cartianly not what makes NGP "miles" better than 3DS

What a sad attempt at a thread

Just curious, who here acutually thinks that the second analog stick is THE feature that makes NGP "miles" better than 3DS??