By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space's stalker-scariest enemy ever?

That is kind of spooky

Around the Network

He's not that scary, but he sure is an ugly motherf-er. For me the scariest enemy I've faced is the flamelurker from Demon's Souls, even though I beat his ass he sure was scary.

Carl2291 said:

Pyramid Head rapes things.

Pyramid Head wins.

Pyramid Head is more disturbing than scary, but I'll acknowledge him. And the stalkers are a new type of Necromorph in Dead Space 2.

Gilgamesh said:

That is kind of spooky

That's the first time you encounter them. And the video doesn't really do them justice. The third time you find yourself in a stalker arena, it is absolutely intense. They're seemingly endless. Once it was over I had to get up and take a break becase I was just drained by it. D:

no, it is those laughing snowman in that rugrats game.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
r505Matt said:
Scoobes said:

Try playing against the enemies in Amnesia: The Dark Decent. You rarely encounter it, but you're constantly on edge because you can't fight back and your only options are to run or hide. Trying to fight means death.

This. The fact that you can possibly kill these stalkers makes them sound not-scary.

Not really, just different kinds of scary.  In Amnesia the enemies are terrifying cause they are basically impossible to defeat.  In Dead Space the Stalkers are terrifying because they are hard as hell and confusing to fight and your FORCED to.  You don't have a choice so its freaky cause you know, damn I have to somehow get myself out of this.

Both hella scary just in different ways.

the regenerating necromorph in dead space was pretty scary and gave me such a rush. in amnesia i can't take the sight of an enemy. i often mute the game and make a run for it. 

First Berserker encounter in Gears of War

Still shitting in my pants everytime I play this scene.

Barozi said:

First Berserker encounter in Gears of War

Still shitting in my pants everytime I play this scene.

The one with the door? Dude that shit was intense.

But a pack of stalkers do look annoying as shit though ._.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Trentonater said:
BenVTrigger said:
r505Matt said:
Scoobes said:

Try playing against the enemies in Amnesia: The Dark Decent. You rarely encounter it, but you're constantly on edge because you can't fight back and your only options are to run or hide. Trying to fight means death.

This. The fact that you can possibly kill these stalkers makes them sound not-scary.

Not really, just different kinds of scary.  In Amnesia the enemies are terrifying cause they are basically impossible to defeat.  In Dead Space the Stalkers are terrifying because they are hard as hell and confusing to fight and your FORCED to.  You don't have a choice so its freaky cause you know, damn I have to somehow get myself out of this.

Both hella scary just in different ways.

the regenerating necromorph in dead space was pretty scary and gave me such a rush. in amnesia i can't take the sight of an enemy. i often mute the game and make a run for it. 

HAHAHA! So funny.... and yet I completely understand! :P

Nothing is scarier than invisible enemies... I haven't tried Dead Space 2 yet, but Enemy Zero is still the most scary game I've ever played.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"