Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space's stalker-scariest enemy ever?

Trentonater said:
BenVTrigger said:
r505Matt said:
Scoobes said:

Try playing against the enemies in Amnesia: The Dark Decent. You rarely encounter it, but you're constantly on edge because you can't fight back and your only options are to run or hide. Trying to fight means death.

This. The fact that you can possibly kill these stalkers makes them sound not-scary.

Not really, just different kinds of scary.  In Amnesia the enemies are terrifying cause they are basically impossible to defeat.  In Dead Space the Stalkers are terrifying because they are hard as hell and confusing to fight and your FORCED to.  You don't have a choice so its freaky cause you know, damn I have to somehow get myself out of this.

Both hella scary just in different ways.

the regenerating necromorph in dead space was pretty scary and gave me such a rush. in amnesia i can't take the sight of an enemy. i often mute the game and make a run for it. 

HAHAHA! So funny.... and yet I completely understand! :P

Around the Network

Nothing is scarier than invisible enemies... I haven't tried Dead Space 2 yet, but Enemy Zero is still the most scary game I've ever played.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

the reason why the stalker is scary is because usually enemies in survival horror games arent that smart. yet here is an enemy that was intentionally designed to be smart and make use of the environment to kill you. Basically its  ai is what makes it most frightening.

stalkers are very clever, they never show themselves until they are ready to attack while the others run around shrieking to throw you off guard as they also hide behind objects so you don't have a clear shot, stalkers are a pain in the ass, so far they are the scariest enemy in dead space(or 2nd compared to that thing that always would regenerate in the the first game)

nofingershaha said:

the reason why the stalker is scary is because usually enemies in survival horror games arent that smart. yet here is an enemy that was intentionally designed to be smart and make use of the environment to kill you. Basically its  ai is what makes it most frightening.

Exactly!  Couldn't have said it any better myself, the AI of the Stalker in Dead Space is honestly some of the best enemy AI i've ever seen in a game, very very impressive.......and terrifying.

Around the Network

Bubble Bobble final boss is scarier, I dont even now wtf is that, and you can see al the skulls around you, even the platforms, is like they are asking you the climb up to your death.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?