By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 3DS vs PSP2 (NGP) battle: Who will win the console wars ?

I would have been close, but I think the half-year headstart will allow the 3DS to win in the early years.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I think Sony will sell it at 349$ Japan and 299$ US but this is Sony so lets wait, NGP has a lot of things the original PSP didn't have and are a nice diference againts the 3D effect:

PSN, Online Shooters, trophies, etc.

Dual analogs.

3G.

Touch pad front and rear.

PsOne, PS2 and PS3 library.

"Another factor I see is the growth of tablets. Schools are starting to use tablets such as the iPad. Parents are buying their kids iPads and iPod touch in lieu of gaming systems. I think buying an iPad which can be used for productive activities is more palatable to parents than a gaming first system."

Not sure about the iPad, but the iPod/iPhone have limited gaming potental do to the lack of buttons/screen real estate.  Only a handful of game designs can work well & could they quickly get played out in a few years.

That being said, I don't know how the NGP is going to hold it's own given the reasons that Happy Squirrel laid out plus the fact that the portable console market is likely to shrink in the future due to Apple/Android devices.  Nintendo is taking it's chances with 3D, where is Sony going off to?... a system that looks to be supported almost exclusively by direct console porting.   

Both will surely sell well bu the 3DS will beat the PSP2 just as bad as the DS beat PSP.

hiroko said:

NGP has MH in jp, nuff said

Uh, no it doesn't?  Unless you mean PSP1 playback...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

atleast i want psp2 to have MH because i want to play the game, i dont want it for sales.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

atleast i want psp2 to have MH because i want to play the game, i dont want it for sales.

If you want to play MH, you should probably just get a Wii.  It's not looking like MHP3 is releasing outside Japan...

jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

If you want to play MH, you should probably just get a Wii.  It's not looking like MHP3 is releasing outside Japan...

aha this is when you have it wrong! capcom said it will be downloadble on psp2, so all i have to do is learn is make a japanese psn account and download it!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Call of Duty on NGP?

... omg, first off, I hate that name...

But, yeah, I don't play FPS, so, my experience with them hasn't been tainted by over-exposer.  I don't own a single FPS on PS3, and plan to get KZ3 sometime..

But, why does Call of Duty excite me most (more-so than Uncharted) I'm not sure....

I think there may be a tread coming soon where we see games on PS3/360/NGP...  And, also, NGP will hold me over until PS4 comes around (even if it's another 4 years away).

But, me not being the biggest fan of-... oops.. I forgot what I was going to say..  But, I hope there's a way to have more than one hard-copy game with me.  Why not pack a DL code with official hard copies of the games, so I can DL and take some with me.

Also, I hope there will be an option to switch the 3G off... I don't want cancer, I already try to keep a distance from my cellphone...  This thing would be PERFECT, if it had some sort of notepad program for typing/note taking...  But, I'll be the few who wants an NGP, but, for Movies, music, and internet.  I'll hope Megaman Powered Up will be on the store by the time this thing is released, because it's literally the only PSP game I play...  I could go on and on about this thing... I don't even care of the cost..

But, as for the 3DS...

Not interested in 3D, or the battery life.  I've got SSFIV already, and the only game I bought multiple times was Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection... I had it on PS2, PS3, and PSP, and on PS2, I bought it twice...  The only game I'd even consider buying so many times over is Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (because I've been doing it already).

But, outside of that.. I don't like Mario, or Link.. Donkey Kong is Okay, but, c'mon, it's going to take more than that.  Outside of that, the only other game I would be interested in playing on 3DS is Megaman Legends 3... But, seeing as how Capcom is going with the NGP, they would want to push all their titles the best way they can on the system... Why not have MML3 on NGP also?

The thing about the two systems I find interesting... In one, you watch the game in 3D, the other, you play in 3D.  So, I think I could pass on the visuals, and the only thing to get me to MvC3 on 3DS, NGP, or PS3, would be the inclusion of Megaman, or Ruby Heart, should they bring it to the 3DS, in reference to the article up last week. (I love my fighters)

But, I have a feeling I wont be buying hand held versions of games I already own (Because, again, I want a portable media station, and it would be complete if I could type on the go.)

So, mark me down for NGP... Now, as for everyone else?...  It depends... Sony would have to reach out to everyone who wants an iPod, or has one, and convience them to switch over.

We shall see, but, I wouldn't expect NGP to pass 3DS before late 2013...

BTW, I would love to see a mirror's edge game on NGP... It better be a mistake that EA wasn't on the list..

EDIT:

Anyone know anything about the space?  I think I'm going to need a minimum of 8GB, but, hoping for even 3x that.

Who will win the console wars ?

Ans: iPhone