By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 3DS vs PSP2 (NGP) battle: Who will win the console wars ?

zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

NGP has MH in jp, nuff said

Uh, no it doesn't?  Unless you mean PSP1 playback...

atleast i want psp2 to have MH because i want to play the game, i dont want it for sales.

If you want to play MH, you should probably just get a Wii.  It's not looking like MHP3 is releasing outside Japan...

aha this is when you have it wrong! capcom said it will be downloadble on psp2, so all i have to do is learn is make a japanese psn account and download it!

lol, fair enough!  You'll be able to download MHFU in english too if you want it.

Around the Network
mchaza said:

you forget that the 3DS is $342 USD in the Europe 

If NGP can come in at 300 USD it wouldn't be so bad. 

Also 3DS is going to have an entire year with no competition. NGP isn't coming out until early next year with its release in Japan later in the year 

Regarding your one year comment.

What is PSP2's launch PRICE

THe 3DS, can it drop to say $200 on that date as well then?

jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

atleast i want psp2 to have MH because i want to play the game, i dont want it for sales.

If you want to play MH, you should probably just get a Wii.  It's not looking like MHP3 is releasing outside Japan...

aha this is when you have it wrong! capcom said it will be downloadble on psp2, so all i have to do is learn is make a japanese psn account and download it!

lol, fair enough!  You'll be able to download MHFU in english too if you want it.

yes :) hopefully it will also get an uplift. a reason im so excited about playing an mh game is that i just saw some psp2 mhp 3rd gameplay and damn the graphics look good, so much better then the psp version. if the next monster hunter comes to the psp2 il be happy because that means great graphics and analog sticks. and if it comes to the 3ds im hoping for great graphics and that my sister will allow me to use it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

yes :) hopefully it will also get an uplift. a reason im so excited about playing an mh game is that i just saw some psp2 mhp 3rd gameplay and damn the graphics look good, so much better then the psp version. if the next monster hunter comes to the psp2 il be happy because that means great graphics and analog sticks. and if it comes to the 3ds im hoping for great graphics and that my sister will allow me to use it.

The NGP MHP3 demo was the original PSP game, it's the same graphics just running at a higher resolution (like N64 games on Wii's Virtual Console, or PS1 games on PS3).  They also patched in analog camera support though... the whole thing was just to show off PSP playback on NGP.

I think we'll see MH3G on 3DS in 2012, then MHP4 on NGP in 2014-ish...

Actually 3DS doesn't have Pokemon, at least it hasn't been announced yet so no sorry. Black/White are for DS not 3DS.

3DS will definitely win sales wise, but reception wise the PSP2(NGP) if priced right will be better received by critics.

Around the Network
TheNoobHolocaust said:

3DS will definitely win sales wise, but reception wise the PSP2(NGP) if priced right will be better received by critics.

PSP was better received than DS by critics too back in 2005.

jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

The NGP MHP3 demo was the original PSP game, it's the same graphics just running at a higher resolution (like N64 games on Wii's Virtual Console, or PS1 games on PS3).  They also patched in analog camera support though... the whole thing was just to show off PSP playback on NGP.

well according to sonys president all games on the psp got an up lift(is that the higher resolution?) and it looked so much better.

im hoping for that the next mh goes multiplat. or that mhp 3rd gets released on the american psn in english.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:
hiroko said:

well according to sonys president all games on the psp got an up lift(is that the higher resolution?) and it looked so much better.

im hoping for that the next mh goes multiplat. or that mhp 3rd gets released on the american psn in english.

Yeah, I think it's just the upped resolution.  They can patch in extra support too, like the 2nd analog camera for MHP3.  This should be true for the PS1 Classics too, though I've heard they'll be using the rear touch panel for R2/L2 buttons.

I don't think the handheld MH games will go multi, since they rely on local multiplayer in Japan and splitting that base would be a bad move.  Home console side though, I think we could definitely see MH4 across PS3, 360 and Wii 2.

Lucas-Rio said:

For me:

3DS is cheaper, has a more marketable feature (3D more marketable than power) , is the successor of the most successuful console ever, is supported by Nintendo and all his best sellers, has a strong support from third parties, and will be released first.

I think the 3DS wins by a big margin, like DS vs PSP

What do you think?

Did you see the support the NGP is getting?  i'm sorry but NGP wins support so far I mean it will have a full fledged Call Of Duty and some iteration of just about every sony IP.  I think this will be closer

P.S. We need more details before any sound judgment can be made.   I would gues E3 this year will reveal the launch line up and pricing.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

3DS, by a large margin in 2011. Mainly because it will be much cheaper then the NGP and secondily because it has 3D. the NGP will have better graphics and 3G, but is that enough to warrant a $350 - $400 price for a handheld? Like many people on here, I want a NGP too, but I won't spend $350 for one. Both systems seem to have some decent launch titles though.By the time the NGP is released the 3DS will have sold over 4 million units I think. I don't think the NGP will start taking off until the pirce is at $250 or less. That could take a couple years.

'gaming till I'm gone'