By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Street Fighter 4 3d will be the best selling version of the game

Possible considering

A) launch window title
B) first version of SFIV to appear on a Nintendo console

Around the Network

I'll be getting it for certain. I actually already have Street Fighter 4, but I think 3DS would be a much better platform for it than a home console.

Also, the Ports of RE4 on Wii and PS2 sold better than the Gamecube one.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Its possitioned really well yep, Its top of my list of launch games anyway.

Its a really short list, comprised of SFIV.

Life time it could get a lot of sales, but most people prefer fighting games on consoles... I think. I'm not sure if it could pass the original versions since the people that bought the game already... well bought the game. Maybe the new crowd will buy the game which could help it sell very well.

Nah. It will never outsell the PC version which sold as many copies as shio and ssj12 want it to.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Not too far-fetched, Pullus.

Lawl, i've thought the same thing when i saw the OP's avatar...

out of body experience

It's pretty much a given, since Nintendo seems to be stepping out of the launch window limelight and Layton won't be ready in the west, that leaves SSF4 as the go-to launch title for the core to pick up day one.  I think it may actually be the best selling version of SF4 full stop, not just Super.

I think DOA Dimensions will probably be the best selling DOA game too, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if BBCT2 is the best selling version of that title either (and possibly even the best selling BlazBlue release series wide).  Hopefully this leads to a fighting renaissance on the platform, I still want MVC3DS.

@rol  just out of curiosty why would the Ninty loyalist pick up DOA instead, im pretty sure Street Fighter is a better series overall, even if you dont think it plays better than DOA it is more popular and sales show that. I really dont think Ninty fans are that blindly loyal to buy a game they probably have no experience in (DOA has never been on a Ninty system) just for a stage. As least SF has been on Ninty consoles before in some capacity. (Vs. series on Wii/GC, 16 bit era)

@ jarrod  not to mention Zelda wont be in time for launch. im a genre fan first and everything else 2nd. Fighting games are my fav genre i want them to do well no matter what the company/platform. I wont be joining people in getting it(already have PS3 edition) but i encourage everyone to get it. Dont know about Mvs.C3, but WTH anything is possible

Good to see im not insane, their are even some crazier predictions than I would have thought of. Do 5 mil??? Thats nuts. Wouldnt mind seeing that

There are two more fightning games coming to 3DS and DoA has plenty attention too.

Also that genre isn't too strong on portables or well suited to them.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB