By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Street Fighter 4 3d will be the best selling version of the game

Yes I know, "this guy must be retarded". Ports of games never sell better than the originals (Okami being the only exception I know of). But hear me out. Lot of excitement for the 3DS and the one game ive seen getting the most coverage and attention is SSF4. It could take advantage of being a launch game, where their will not be alot of competition day one. It is one of the games that is really going to put Ninty's online through its paces. It actually looks very well done with some little bells and whistles thrown in. over shoulder view, figurine battle (it looked cool IMO) some kinda crazy wifi bump feature, and even a touch screen mode for noobs to just hit the screen and it does supers for them (disgraceful) thats not even getting into the 3D. The Ninty loyalist who didnt have a chance to experience it for lack of an HD console (there missing out) I imagine will be all over this. It really is a good game in its own right, and if Capcom puts half the effort into this and some ads, it will do well for them. Im not going to go so far and say it will do better than both HDs combined. but I could see it outselling the 360 version, which is at 680,000. With the popularity of the DS brand I dont think that is outside the realm of possiblity for the 3Ds to surpass to numbers. PS3 version (980,000) it might have to fight a bit to beat and surpass that but anything can happen. What do yall think im I crazy for thinking this. Is my faith in the SF and/or 3DS to high? Am I high??? You decide

Around the Network

Not too far-fetched, Pullus.

You aren't that high. It is certainly possible, but only because it is launch game.

Street Fighter has always been popular and it will sell due to that not because it is in the realm of being a launch game. I saw the series as Nintendos own, saying that it was one of the first video game series I played. I think it could sell LTD about 5 million. 

well is suppose the best time to release a game is with new hardware as there is very small competition and huge demand for the 3ds.

therefore this probably will be the best selling

Around the Network

It's a launch game and it looks to be one of the better launch games on the 3DS, I could easily see it selling 2 million copies.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

It should sell over a million copies so I don't see how this is a crazy thought.

I think it'll be one of the best-selling titles on the 3DS for 2011, but best-selling version of SFIV, I dunno.

Doobie_wop said:

It's a launch game and it looks to be one of the better launch games on the 3DS, I could easily see it selling 2 million copies.

2 million?  Seems a little high to me, personally.  That would mean it sells around 20% more than both console versions combined.

I say this will sell around a million, or 1.2 million.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I will almost without a doubt sell more than either 360 or PS3 version individually.  I think it has a decent chance of outselling them combined, due to the fact that it is a launch title.