By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS preordered and paid in full, who else is with me?

I'm fully committed now.  I just traded in my DS Lite to Gamestop for $50 towards the 3DS.  I also had $105 in game credits from the past year.  $95 more to go to get my aqua blue 3DS.

I will also agree with most of you guys that I am not too excited about the launch games.  Pilotwings Resort is the only game that is looking interesting to me at launch.  The airplane portion of Wii Sports Resort was really fun, so I hope Pilotwings is a much more complete and interesting experience. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

I also can't wait. Only 2 weeks and 6 days to go!

That damn preorder slip on my whiteboard is taunting me every day. :/

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

endoftheworld166 said:

I don't really understand why people pre-order so far in advance

because a lot of things sell out quickly, if I remember the Wii sold out on Amazon UK in some really short time period.  MKWii sold out only a couple of days after it's release date being announced as well for most of the country as well.

Due to the fact that Nintendo stated that UK 3DS preorders where tracking above UK Wii preorders, it isn't out the realms of possibility for them to sell out in the near future.

btw, this is preordered even further in advance:

No I got a PS3 at launch and regretted it...never again!!!!

I will wait till there are games I want, right now there are only 2:

KH : Cream Drop Distance

PRofessor Layton vs Phoenix Wright

There will need to be 9 more before I buy it. (yes there is no snake eater as I never buy the same game twice under any circumstances)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Question for all those who are planning to pick up a 3DS on day one... which "killer app" Nintendo launch title are you looking forward to paying nearly $300 for (game system) the most?

A: Nintendogs & Cats

B: Pilotwings Resort, aka a glorified version of the flying minigame from Wii Sports Resort

C: Steel Diver

D: I'm buying it day one just so that I can wait a few more months to play 3D versions of N64 games that I mostl likely already own and have played through multiple times.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I most likely will, but first I have to decide whether or not to pre-order through Amazon or Gamestop. Gonna have to decide soon before both sell out of pre-orders, though.

NightDragon83 said:

Question for all those who are planning to pick up a 3DS on day one... which "killer app" Nintendo launch title are you looking forward to paying nearly $300 for (game system) the most?

B: Pilotwings Resort, aka a glorified version of the flying minigame from Wii Sports Resort

D: I'm buying it day one just so that I can wait a few more months to play 3D versions of N64 games that I mostl likely already own and have played through multiple times.

Well, it's $249 in the US, and for me it's

E: I'm getting it day one since -

1. I want some of the Launch Window (as opposed to Launch day) games

2. No way this price is going to change within the Launch Window period

3. This way I make sure that when I want it a month or so later it is not going to be sold out.

4. In the mean time I have the Augmented Reality games, the demos and the 3d camera to play with, not to mention 999 and probably Pokemon B/W that I am going to buy for this (I don't have a DS).

Worst case scenario - it is not sold out and it is possible to get it somewhere for $239 between end March and June. Even in that case what have I gained by not making it day 1? Nothing much except delay starting to play with it.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

NightDragon83 said:

I'm planning on getting A, B, Street Fighter IV, Monkey Ball, and possible Resident Evil. I AM most excited for the N64 games, though.....

Yes!  Two as a matter of fact, one for me and one to sell on ebay when they become hard as hell to find this holiday.

3DS will take you to hell I hope you all realize that.