By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Nitnendo should charge more for 3DS.

$250 is just too cheap

Michael Pachter's already thrown his weight behind 3DS to defeat Sony's forthcoming PSP2 in the next generation of the handheld wars, but he'd certainly feel happier about the machine if it were, you know, just a little more costly.

In an interview with Industry Gamers, Pachter stated he believes Nintendo is "leaving money on the table" by selling the console at less than $300 in North America.

I'm impressed that they had the confidence to charge $249; I think that they're going to regret it. It's going to sell out and they're leaving money on the table. I'm impressed that they're this consumer friendly – that really matters. So it's not shareholder friendly, but consumers are going to love the $249 price point. So $249 is a bargain, and I think this thing is going to be on eBay for $500 immediately

With European gamers paying a great deal more than their transatlantic counterparts, let's hope nobody at Nintendo takes Pachter's suggestion seriously.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/01/pachter_nintendo_should_charge_more_for_3ds

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

oops Nintendo not Nitnendo

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Okay, now I know he's crazy.

Nah, $250 was the most I would pay for the 3DS, and $300 is just an icky number.

why does that basterd want gamers to pay more? is he paid by game devs to generate more revenue for them? he kept on naging about cod fees countless times, its like if he takes a percantage of them.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I remember back when I was a kid, all the Nintendo handhelds would never cost more than $100, even the GBA came out at exactly $100. This is the most expensive Nintendo handheld  console released to date, and ties with the PSP systems when they debuted.

Around the Network

'cause he's not a gamer, i really dont' know what he gets by saying all this crap

Confirmed. He wants Nintendo to fail.

rmarier83 said:

I remember back when I was a kid, all the Nintendo handhelds would never cost more than $100, even the GBA came out at exactly $100.  Besides the PSPgo, this is the most expensive handheld console released to date.

Wasn't the original PSP also launched at $250?

Yeah, we all know what happened last time a console manufacturer asked a ridiculously high price for their system, *cough*.

Does Pachter want Nintendo to end up like Sony or something?

$250 is just on the mark I say, any mroe than that would be a tad too expensive, over here £220 is just on the mark too, He says we should pay about £300 which is over $320!. 

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d