By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Nitnendo should charge more for 3DS.

Err didn't you say Kinect was to expensive? And now 3DS is too cheap? I think both have the right pricerange. Kinect costs as much as guitar hero guitar costed and thats one game vs 10 or so that is already out. PSP1 costed the same as 3DS which is a fine price for a handheld, since they should never be as expensive as a stationary.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Okay, now I know he's crazy.

Nah, $250 was the most I would pay for the 3DS, and $300 is just an icky number.

Liar, you would have paid $300, us PAL brothers don't mind.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

In another way, PATCHER is going to buy us all 3DSes because is too cheap.   what a jackwagon!

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Rafux said:

Patcher must be thinking that Nintendo is the new Apple.

Actually I had an interesting debate with my brother today. Apple invented white consoles, Ninty invented touchscreens for casuals, Nintendo popularizes 3D for mainstream, Apple copies it.

Both companies inspire each other to appeal to the non-niche markets.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Rafux said:

Patcher must be thinking that Nintendo is the new Apple.

Actually I had an interesting debate with my brother today. Apple invented white consoles, Ninty invented touchscreens for casuals, Nintendo popularizes 3D for mainstream, Apple copies it.

Both companies inspire each other to appeal to the non-niche markets.

What you say is true but I actually was refering to the fact that Apple fans are really loyal (some may call them sheep) and they don't care if they have to pay more for the latest coolest gadget.

Around the Network

Still think 179 is the maximum mass market price for a handheld. The 3DS will have a lot of demand to meet before it needs mass market sales.... but still, it needs to be 179 with 18 months of release or it will not reach near the heights of the DS.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Who the f*** is Patcher? I only know Pachter. You all recognise the difference, yes?

C'mon, don't complain about the 250$ price tag. We over here have to pay about 320$... So I think 250$ is pretty fair, even 300$ would have been.

12.08.2010, prediction:

GT5 will sell ~10 million life time (after 20 weeks around 6 million, rest with legs).

amp316:  Pachter should shut his mouth until he's right about something.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger