By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Nitnendo should charge more for 3DS.

Yeah I did already edit my post when realized that I forgot about the original PSP launching at that price.

That's what I also was thinking too, $250 in this economy is a bit too high.  It's also probably a smart launching price too, as early adopters will pay almost any price for the newest thing which is why it will still sell out for many more months until they all have one in their hand.

Around the Network

Wow, he is a dumbass.

Pachter probably thinks the European prices are too low as well. >_>

I would be over the moon if the 3DS cost the equivalent of $250 in the U.K, rather that £230 ($368).  I'm willing to pay that amount as I value the 3DS more than it, but it's a lot more than I expected.

I've pre-ordered a second one, so if my cousins have also preordered their own and therefore don't want it, I will sell it on Ebay UK for a profit.

Has he said anything about the launch price of the PS3? I don't remember, did he said Sony should charge more???

Around the Network

I like Pachter's opinions.

I think $300 is too much considering what the 3DS offers. It's less risky at $250. Plus they're likely going to ship more to Europe or places with high valued currency anyway.

So now Nintendo has blown it with the Wii 2 and the 3DS. They're straight up fucked.

He's just saying that at an initial higher price point, it's still guaranteed to sell out and that by selling it at an initial $250 MSRP, that's a good $50 that could have been added to Nintendo's bottom line on every unit sold as opposed to the people who will be flipping them on Ebay for a lot more than that.

Hence, Nintendo's leaving money on the table.

Nintendo could easily drop the price by $50 had they started at a higher initial MSRP as soon as supplies permitted.

Patcher hates Nintendo, all these analysts do. They want them to fail.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909