By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Nitnendo should charge more for 3DS.

$300 for a handheld...

He mad.

Around the Network
Xen said:

$300 for a handheld...

He mad.

I bet PSP2 will retail for $300. We will see in a week or so.

palancas7 said:

Confirmed. He wants Nintendo to fail.

First thought that came to my mind when I read the thread title.

pachoo5 said:
Xen said:

$300 for a handheld...

He mad.

I bet PSP2 will retail for $300. We will see in a week or so.

I should think PSP2 would be lot more than that if has the same power as PS3, I'de say in the region of $400 - $500.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

greenmedic88 said:

He's just saying that at an initial higher price point, it's still guaranteed to sell out and that by selling it at an initial $250 MSRP, that's a good $50 that could have been added to Nintendo's bottom line on every unit sold as opposed to the people who will be flipping them on Ebay for a lot more than that.

Hence, Nintendo's leaving money on the table.

I was going to say about this. Plus, the device at 299$ would still be a fair price when you compare it to the other portable media device. Personally, I was expecting and willing to pay 299$. They are surely leaving money on the table since they cant meet the demand. They could as well start it at 299$ and lower the price afterwards when they are able to meet the demand.

They really want to play it safe and benefit from the word of mouth associate with the "low" price.

Around the Network

How quickly it turns, from Nintendo ripping people off for not dropping prices on games and hardware to pricing their new hardware too cheap...

Galaki said:

How quickly it turns, from Nintendo ripping people off for not dropping prices on games and hardware to pricing their new hardware too cheap...

Nintendo usually sell their hardware and accessories at a higher profit margin then their competitors. Doesnt seem to be the case with the 3DS though.

Many people complained about the potential $300 system and even $250 is is pretty high seeing as the DS was $150. And of course, this is Patcher. He can't get anything right.

Patcher must be thinking that Nintendo is the new Apple.

Rafux said:

Patcher must be thinking that Nintendo is the new Apple.

More like, need to copy Apple.