By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - have YOU ever pirated????

re4 on pc

scott pilgrim vs. the world because i couldnt wait for it to come out on dvd

the big four Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer dvd because I didn't have the money to buy it.

inception because i wasnt wasting 30 USD on it

no more heroes 2 soundtrack

zelda: a link to the past soundtrack

Around the Network

Mostly PC games, usually my computer can't run them so I download them install it and never play them.

On the PS1 era I had a N64 console, but I bought some ilegal games to play on my friends houses.

Snesboy said:

re4 on pc

scott pilgrim vs. the world because i couldnt wait for it to come out on dvd

the big four Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer dvd because I didn't have the money to buy it.

inception because i wasnt wasting 30 USD on it

no more heroes 2 soundtrack

zelda: a link to the past soundtrack

You couldn't have rented it online?

Yes 

An few songs on Limewire. But other than that no. I do how ever played pirated stuff, does that count 

if thats so then i can say i am 'on board ya maties, on the trip to the island of free' 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Yes. Dreamcast, Playstation 2 and DS games, few movies and a lot of music.

Around the Network

Back when I was 12 to 16 yes lots. I didn't know any better back then, nor did I have any money to spend on games. I had never been in a shop that sold video games until I was 17. I can't remember ever seeing a c64 or amiga game in a shop.

Commodore 64 / msx games just copy the tape on a tape deck.

Amiga get together parties, to watch demos (homebrew if you like) and primarily exchange games.

Same for pc, lan parties weren't just to play games together. All you needed was a program to make an exact disk copy. Sometimes an extra loader program to 'unlock' the game.

We also used to copy movies, although we had to rent them first and then make a vhs to vhs copy to watch again later. (internet did not exist yet) Music either record it from the radio on a cassette tape or tape to tape copy from a friend.

At least with all these methods piracy was slowed down a bit by people actually having to get together first. Downloading a game from a bbs over a 9600 baud modem (1.2 KB/s) took forever.

I changed my ways when I got into university. I hope I have redeemed myself by now with over 500 games bought since. At least all the pirated games got me thoroughly addicted to gaming.

My apologies to Sid Meier for pirating the original Civilization. I hope buying every version since will make up for it :)

ummm i downloaded a pokemon yellow emulator once....lol thats bout it really..

emulated the snes, gameboy and the 64, My rule is: wait 5yrs after they stop being produce then emulate away!!

A few psone games that were not released in europe like Final Fantasy Tactics.

If Mugen counts then I used to do that until I lost all my data :(

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

If you consider emulating a game that has not been sold for over 6 years then yes Fire Emblem :P

Never pirate a game that is still selling.

The first pc game i played was starcraft, a pirated version. Since then I have bought every past and current blizzard game. Haven't played one I did not like yet.