By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA up 15th Jan

Zlejedi said:
Metallicube said:

Bleh, these Wii numbers are depressing.. At least relative to the other consoles. which I don't get since the software sales blow them away. I hope Wii can hang in there at least until Nintendo announces another console. Third parties have really deprived the console of the potential life it could have had, really sucks.

It hardly destroys anything once you remember almost every wii comes with 2 games:

EMEAA Software Totals
Console Weekly (change) Total (tie ratio)
Wii 756,946 (-35%) 198,847,398 (5.98)
X360 487,845 (-35%) 128,579,149 (6.50)
PS3 431,063 (-33%) 137,422,437 (6.22)
DS 298,417 (-32%) 162,613,845 (2.77)
PSP 81,825 (-36%) 38,536,519 (1.40)
PC 45,462 (-33%) n/a
PS2 37,620 (-28%) n/a
Total 2,139,178(-34%)  

Wii is around 300k above PS3 and around 230k out of this is WS WSR or whatever else they are bundling as second game now

Rather pathetic considering userbase diffrence.

Oh so whenever PS3 or 360 were sold with this or that super bundle of some super attractive game and as a result had great sales (and sometimes not so great), actually their sales should have been considered pathetic? Good to know.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Nintendo
20 6,711 135,993

Not much to gloat about but it's nice to see Other M actually chart in the EMEAA Top 200. And yes, I know it's mostly because of price cuts...

Wii and PS3 are really close. If Wii continues to drop at this speed PS3 might be on top next week.

ups, they forget to use the "non holidays statitical model" xDD

I still dot understand why the ps3 is outselling the ds :/

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

bmmb1 said:

Oh so whenever PS3 or 360 were sold with this or that super bundle of some super attractive game and as a result had great sales (and sometimes not so great), actually their sales should have been considered pathetic? Good to know.

The difference is that the PS3 or 360 haven't sold with "this or that super bundle" for there entire lifetime.

The Wii... Has.

Should it be called pathetic? No. Should people gloat about the Wii's SW sales being amazing when a third of it is bundled? No.

Around the Network

Is this the start of the inevitable DS decline then? Shame...

VGChartz

Carl2291 said:
bmmb1 said:

The difference is that the PS3 or 360 haven't sold with "this or that super bundle" for there entire lifetime.

The Wii... Has.

Should it be called pathetic? No. Should people gloat about the Wii's SW sales being amazing when a third of it is bundled? No.

The other difference is that Nintendo bundles games people actually want and buy the system for, while Microsoft and Sony often tend to bundle shit that doesn't really move much on it's own anymore (if it ever did).

People buy a Wii for Wii Sports and NSMB.   No one ever bought a 360 for Kung Fu Panda...

jarrod said:

The other difference is that Nintendo bundles games people actually want and buy the system for, while Microsoft and Sony often tend to bundle shit that doesn't really move much on it's own anymore (if it ever did).

People buy a Wii for Wii Sports and NSMB.   No one ever bought a 360 for Kung Fu Panda...

Kung Fu Panda was bunded for one Holiday season along with LEGO Indy (I think). Correct me if I'm wrong.

This Holiday they had the Kinect bundles and Forza/Alan Wake.

This Holiday Nintendo had Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, NSMB Wii and Mario Kart Wii.

Right now, Nintendo are bundling Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus with the system in the UK at least. That's a lot of SW given away with the console. Although it isn't in the third of all Wii SW that I said before. It's just over a third of Nintendo's own SW.

Have the general public realised the 3DS is coming, i guess now there's massive pre order campaigns in all game stores, sales for the DS are going to  drop off quite heavily. 

Also looking forward to there being 6 bars on the front of VGChartz when the 3ds launches.

Surely we wont drop PSP and DS untill at least the PSP2 comes out as well