By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/10 ~ 1/16

Lmao i seriously cant understand why the PS3 is number 1  :P the wii dropped from 130k to 21 k in 3 weeks, PS3 from 50 to 33k. Anyways for the top console to be at 33k is seriously bad. cant remember the last time numbers where this low for January.

Wii performing unbelievably bad as no holiday games had an impact as expected, and PS3 maybe looks like a better choice for the future. however it looks like both consoles may end up sub 15k for a long time this year. Hopefully that's not the case.

anyways the hardware charts really wont be interesting till march that's for sure! 

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:

The Last Story will make Wii come on top.

Do you think so? I have my doubts...Preorders for The Last Story are not reaching great numbers... we will have to wait to check it out.

Dragon Quest X is needed this holiday season in Japan.

DavidValbu said:
Rob-Ot said:

Do you think so? I have my doubts...Preorders for The Last Story are not reaching great numbers... we will have to wait to check it out.

Not great on COMG, but pretty great on Amazon.  The latter moves more product, but we'll have to see... personally, at this point I'm expecting like 100k first week and around 200k lifetime.  I just hope it beats Blue Dragon.

Acevil said:
Hero_time88 said:

Mass Effect 2 bombed compared to the first one, and I expected more from ACE PSP.

Maybe the ps3 version will bring up the sales when released....if released.

Yeah, "if" it's released. ME1 360 took a year and a half to be released. ME2 360 took a year to be released. Even though they only changed all the text to Japanese (all the voices are still in English w/JP subs). Dragon Age: Origins 1 is just going to be released at the end of the month and that came out at the end of 2009 everywhere else.

That's why I bought ME2 when it released a year ago(and DA:O in 2009) instead of waiting for the JP releases. Though I did just buy a copy of ME2 360 JP as well (not for me though).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Now things are back to normal :)

Around the Network
jarrod said:
DavidValbu said:
Rob-Ot said:

Not great on COMG, but pretty great on Amazon.  The latter moves more product, but we'll have to see... personally, at this point I'm expecting like 100k first week and around 200k lifetime.  I just hope it beats Blue Dragon.

200k sales LT would be totally crap, megaflop of the year. Id those figures become true, Japanese people are definately stubborn related to new IPs.

jarrod said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Absolutely horrible figures, this is only the prelude for a terrible year for Wii. The launch of 3DS will harm it severely despite being a portable system.

Top 10 with almost sub 10k sales ...

10. / 05. [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo) {2010.11.25} - 12.173 / 546.234 (-70%)

The post holiday software drop off this year seems worse than usual imo.  And yeah, Wii is totally fucked this year... even with DQX, I'm starting to think it'll sell less than PS3 for 2011.  Wii 2 needs to be ready in Japan by March 2012 at the latest...

I also have to wonder what's moving those PS3s since no games are actually selling on the thing?  Maybe people are buying in anticipation for media/games piracy now that it's cracked?

A lot poeple have been claiming a Q4 2011 Wii 2 release, but wouldn't that be difficult considering that Nintendo probably wants to put there energy into the 3DS for 2011? They also always seem to have difficulties to support them both (there portable and there home console) with great title's at the same time.

In the west they are also doing great and they had a decent holiday in Japan everything considered.

LOL what kind of madness is this? what's with the horrible Wii numbers? 0_0

ps3>wii by a good amount too..nice

hoped CE Portable do a bit better but have no idea how the past gams have done in the series, and the shortages mght be hurting sales still too

and MH3P > 4Million in sales!!!!!! Congrats

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Hero_time88 said:
jarrod said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Absolutely horrible figures, this is only the prelude for a terrible year for Wii. The launch of 3DS will harm it severely despite being a portable system.

Top 10 with almost sub 10k sales ...

10. / 05. [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo) {2010.11.25} - 12.173 / 546.234 (-70%)

The post holiday software drop off this year seems worse than usual imo.  And yeah, Wii is totally fucked this year... even with DQX, I'm starting to think it'll sell less than PS3 for 2011.  Wii 2 needs to be ready in Japan by March 2012 at the latest...

I also have to wonder what's moving those PS3s since no games are actually selling on the thing?  Maybe people are buying in anticipation for media/games piracy now that it's cracked?

A lot poeple have been claiming a Q4 2011 Wii 2 release, but wouldn't that be difficult considering that Nintendo probably wants to put there energy into the 3DS for 2011? They also always seem to have difficulties to support them both (there portable and there home console) with great title's at the same time.

In the west they are also doing great and they had a decent holiday in Japan everything considered.

I'd agree for internal development timelines, though generally Nintendo seems to do a much better job of supporting dual platforms than any other 1st party.  EAD seems too focused on 3DS to get Wii 2 out any earlier than Q1 2011 imo.  To get Wii 2 in Q4 would probably mean a system changeover for Zelda SS, Pikmin 3, Wii Relax, etc... which while not impossible, doesn't seem likely at this point imo.  Q1 2012 may even be too ambitious, it really might have to wait until spring or even summer.  July 2012 (right in time for holiday break) might be the sweet spot, with a fall launch in the west then.  It'd allow a good TGS/GDC/E3 promotional rollout too.

Whatever the case, I think we'll be getting a Wii 2 announcement before the year's over, probably around TGS in the fall.  I think there's going to be a much earlier JP launch than just the month buffer we're seeing with 3DS though, Japan really needs it asap.

these numbers make me sad