By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/10 ~ 1/16

The Last Story will make Wii come on top.

Around the Network

Usual comparison to the JP Preview... That I think I missed for a couple of weeks. Meh.

Anyway. Hardware (JP Preview in Brackets) -

DS - 32842 (42000 - 52000)

PSP - 32014 (32000 - 42000)

360 - 2636 (2000 - 4000)

Wii - 21291 (42000 - 50000)

PS3 - 33190 (35000 - 45000)
________

CBA doing software. It's not all bad though. MH was right at least with the low end.

Bruno Muñoz said:

Absolutely horrible figures, this is only the prelude for a terrible year for Wii. The launch of 3DS will harm it severely despite being a portable system.

Top 10 with almost sub 10k sales ...

10. / 05. [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo) {2010.11.25} - 12.173 / 546.234 (-70%)

The post holiday software drop off this year seems worse than usual imo.  And yeah, Wii is totally fucked this year... even with DQX, I'm starting to think it'll sell less than PS3 for 2011.  Wii 2 needs to be ready in Japan by March 2012 at the latest...

I also have to wonder what's moving those PS3s since no games are actually selling on the thing?  Maybe people are buying in anticipation for media/games piracy now that it's cracked?

Acevil said:
Immortal said:

Some kind of joke?

PS3's doing downright amazing in terms of hardware, but all other HW and all SW in general (MHP3 68k!? DK 23k!? BW 15k!?) is horrifying.

The top 20 is horrifying to say the least, but this is post holiday. I can imagine weeks where everything is below 50k in software.

Well, I can't think of anything that the JP Preview didn't overestimate this week.

I'm scared to think what October will be like for Wii withoout DQX...

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

ps3 owned and it was the wii that had the bigger drop from the holidays unlike are preview im suprised

Play Me

Around the Network

The PS3 has sold over 6 million units in Japan and theres only 3 games that have sold over 800,000 copies. Do they actually buy any games.

Biddles said:

The PS3 has sold over 6 million units in Japan and theres only 3 games that have sold over 800,000 copies. Do they actually buy any games.

I've heard in a lot of threads here that 2nd hand gaming over there is failry huge.

Probably takes up a whole lot of sales for all consoles.

02. / 01. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) {2010.12.01} - 68.274 / 4.051.743 (-49%)

4 Gazillion copies.

pezus said:

PSP and 360 HW ;)

Fine, but PSP was still barely clinging on to the lowest end and 360 is worthless.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Carl2291 said:
Biddles said:

I've heard in a lot of threads here that 2nd hand gaming over there is failry huge.

Probably takes up a whole lot of sales for all consoles.

Used sales don't seem to brunt Wii/PSP/DS to the same degree though.  Granted they all have significantly larger (and likely more diverse) userbases too...

I blame Torne and "The Crack". :P