By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction-- Infamous 2 will be rated higher than Zelda: Skyward Sword!!

Personally I am more hyped for Infamous 2, but this was a really one sided bet. I will laugh my ass off if Zelda loses.  (It is like those bets were you make 10 times the money...)

Around the Network
09tarheel said:

This will be interesting to follow. I think Skyward Sword will probably be a pretty divisive title. I'm sure some reviewers will not like the art style, and I bet there will be a lot who complain about the extensive usage of motion control for a longer game. I'll guess Skyward Sword gets an average in the 88-92 range, so Infamous 2 would only need to do a little better than the first game. I haven't really looked at any videos or information for Infamous 2, but if it improves on the original the way Uncharted 2 did over Drake's Fortune, then it would be in good shape.

Even the most divisive console Zeldas, like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, don't score below 95.

People always complain about art styles until they play the game.

radiantshadow92 said:
4k1x3r said:

I'm not feeling confident about inFamous 2. When I saw the last video, the voice, the design, some things in the game have changed, it's not the same feeling as 1st inFamous anymore, I hope I'm wrong but I just hope they didn't screw everything up.

The only thing that is changed (with the newest info) is the voice. Cole looks exactly the same except with newer clothes but that is because he is in a much hotter climate. This video should bring you back to infamous 1 

Yep that's the one that made me WOWOMFGWTFWCTCSIWTSMFFSGITM! But then there's the new vid with the voice changed, I still don't like the new Cole, he's different, it's neither a younger or older of the old one, just a new one that tries to look like him. And the problem is the new melee combat, I liked it in this vid, but the latest one showed too much slow motion when he hits the ennemies, and alot of imprecisions I think I'll stick to his electric/ice powers. I don't know, I know it's still work in progress, but pay attention to what you show SP. ^^

Khuutra said:
09tarheel said:

This will be interesting to follow. I think Skyward Sword will probably be a pretty divisive title. I'm sure some reviewers will not like the art style, and I bet there will be a lot who complain about the extensive usage of motion control for a longer game. I'll guess Skyward Sword gets an average in the 88-92 range, so Infamous 2 would only need to do a little better than the first game. I haven't really looked at any videos or information for Infamous 2, but if it improves on the original the way Uncharted 2 did over Drake's Fortune, then it would be in good shape.

Even the most divisive console Zeldas, like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, don't score below 95.

Your right, because of the basic storyline Zelda follows, its easy to attach any tone/style to the game. However, it will be the motion controls and the lack of dungeon innovation that will bring Zelda down a notch in reviews. Either that, or infamous 2 will follow uncharted 2 and lose game of the year to uncharted 3 or mass effect 3.

radiantshadow92 said:
Khuutra said:

Your right, because of the basic storyline Zelda follows, its easy to attach any tone/style to the game. However, it will be the motion controls and the lack of dungeon innovation that will bring Zelda down a notch in reviews. Either that, or infamous 2 will follow uncharted 2 and lost game of the year to uncharted 3 or mass effect 3.

Lack of dungeon innovation? Twilight Princess had the best 3-D dungeons in the series; dungeon design gets better in every single game.

What do you mean by "lack of dungeon innovation", exactly?

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
radiantshadow92 said:
4k1x3r said:

I'm not feeling confident about inFamous 2. When I saw the last video, the voice, the design, some things in the game have changed, it's not the same feeling as 1st inFamous anymore, I hope I'm wrong but I just hope they didn't screw everything up.

The only thing that is changed (with the newest info) is the voice. Cole looks exactly the same except with newer clothes but that is because he is in a much hotter climate. This video should bring you back to infamous 1 

Yep that's the one that made me WOWOMFGWTFWCTCSIWTSMFFSGITM! But then there's the new vid with the voice changed, I still don't like the new Cole, he's different, it's neither a younger or older of the old one, just a new one that tries to look like him. And the problem is the new melee combat, I liked it in this vid, but the latest one showed too much slow motion when he hits the ennemies, and alot of imprecisions I think I'll stick to his electric/ice powers. I don't know, I know it's still work in progress, but pay attention to what you show SP. ^^

To me, he's the same Cole. I think that the huge change they gave him just wiped out the love we had for Cole in infamous 2. And there is no going back. Either way though i think he looks exactly the same, its just the graphics overhaul talking xD. 

Khuutra said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Khuutra said:

Your right, because of the basic storyline Zelda follows, its easy to attach any tone/style to the game. However, it will be the motion controls and the lack of dungeon innovation that will bring Zelda down a notch in reviews. Either that, or infamous 2 will follow uncharted 2 and lost game of the year to uncharted 3 or mass effect 3.

Lack of dungeon innovation? Twilight Princess had the best 3-D dungeons in the series; dungeon design gets better in every single game.

What do you mean by "lack of dungeon innovation", exactly?

I have a huge feeling the dungeons will follow the same pattern as in TP, or another game Zelda game. Even if it lacks innovation, it can still be an awesome dungeon. But you can't tell me that the dungeons in TP bring you no memories of dungeons in past games. 

4k1x3r said:
radiantshadow92 said:
4k1x3r said:

At 1:02, that's the Cole I know.

And not this one at 1:44.

4k1x3r said:
4k1x3r said:
radiantshadow92 said:
4k1x3r said:

At 1min, that's the Cole I know.

And not this one at 1:44.

Oh man! Your making me want to play infamous! Great -_-....*walks to gamestop*

These crazy predictions are always the same! Thread is filled with cock sure people who are like "HAHAHA never gonna happen" and then, oh look, it does!

Still that said, no I don't think so.